Following Anniversary Engine #156

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope some of the anniversary units end up on the CS or CZ so it comes through the SF bay area!!

156 should be heading back to Albany on 48 tonight. My understanding is that it will be on 49(24). A little birdie told me it may be headed west after that. Subject to change, of course.

1239668795_ckWLM-L.jpg

Amtrak 40th Anniversary engine # 156, in Phase I paint, moves the PRS Diamond Jubilee Special train forward during a wye of the whole consist at Bakersfield before returning to Los Angeles on 4-3-11. Note crewman at left removing derail from track for backing portion of the turn.

1239984927_2iRok-XL.jpg

Amtrak 156 leads PRS excursion train at Bakersfield, 4-3-11. The train is pointed toward Los Angeles and the return run over the Tehachapis to get there. At left San Joaquin tran 713 awaits 10:05 a.m. departure to Oakland.

1239668795_ckWLM-L.jpg

Amtrak 40th Anniversary engine # 156, in Phase I paint, moves the PRS Diamond Jubilee Special train forward during a wye of the whole consist at Bakersfield before returning to Los Angeles on 4-3-11. Note crewman at left removing derail from track for backing portion of the turn.

Very nice photos!

Snuffy

Back