AMTK Locomotive 66 Hit semi and damaged

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, it is Tyler that seems to be convinced that it will be scrapped, and apparently it has something to do with the Heritage paint scheme, though of late he vehemently denies that. ;)
He was all over Facebook demanding it be scrapped.. Not like there is a power shortage or anything...
I just use information given to me by engineers and other amtrak friends.

Yes...that worked out well with the 10031, didn't it? I think you should take this parable to heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it is Tyler that seems to be convinced that it will be scrapped, and apparently it has something to do with the Heritage paint scheme, though of late he vehemently denies that. ;)
He was all over Facebook demanding it be scrapped.. Not like there is a power shortage or anything...

Yes...that worked out well with the 10031, didn't it? I think you should take this parable to heart:
I mean, now I listen to Director of Operations, a few conductors and engineers, not fellow railfans.

I mean, now I listen to Director of Operations, a few conductors and engineers, not fellow railfans.
You need to take whatever they say "with a grain of salt" as some professionals like to play around with young enthusiasts and give them "bad" info. I don't know if your sources have done this, but it certainly is possible. But I feel you can believe TR7 because he has not shown to me to be one to give false info.

Well Tyler your information does seem to be improving, and I feel that you are becoming a better person at analyzing your sources and posing questions when you hear something that might not be true. For that I commend you.

Pictures of the side won't show all of the types of frame damage that can occur. You have to get underneath.

Pictures of the side won't show all of the types of frame damage that can occur. You have to get underneath.
Not if you are the hero known around these parts as BUFFMAN!!!

YLj5r_i1_400x400.png

Get underneath? Nonsense!! Take it to the shop? That's for the birds! With Buffman's can do spirit and vast knowledge which is superior to all, a mere glance can provide all of the information needed.

Of course, this sets up a confrontation with non other than:

SMM2.jpg

He heard the unit has lots of internal damage and may get scrapped. Once again, this is based upon people looking at it from the outside and not seeing it over a pit or anything. None of that matters, because Scrap Man sees a payday...and he will do anything to obtain it!

Who will win? Stay tuned! Same Facebook time! Same Facebook Channel!!

YLj5r_i1_400x400.png

Get underneath? Nonsense!! Take it to the shop? That's for the birds! With Buffman's can do spirit and vast knowledge which is superior to all, a mere glance can provide all of the information needed.

SMM2.jpg

He heard the unit has lots of internal damage and may get scrapped. Once again, this is based upon people looking at it from the outside and not seeing it over a pit or anything. None of that matters, because Scrap Man sees a payday...and he will do anything to obtain it!

:giggle:

Oh my god, TR. You just had me fighting laughter at Walgreens. Everyone is looking at me. :)

YLj5r_i1_400x400.png

SMM2.jpg

The forum needs a 'like' button for posts such as these.

As a lifelong Amtrak mechanical department employee, now retired, I can tell you that the P40 and P42 Amtrak locomotives are a monocoque design which means that the frame is integral with the body and not a separate structure. It is impossible to determine the actual amount of damage and the repairability without precise measurement and alignment tools.

Actual the post is quite offensive, and very childish. One hopes it gets deleted.
I have always been a child I suppose and I bow to your adulthood and then choose to ignore. I thought the post was hilarious. ;) it was a comment on certain behavior and not really an attack on a single individual IMHO. And as many of us seem to agree the behavior was somewhat silly and that is why it was humorously called out. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on this and move on.

Back