AMTK Locomotive 66 Hit semi and damaged

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's the news with #66 as of now? It's been almost 2 months since the last update.
Oh I'm sorry, should I be updating this every day on the status of the locomotive?
Another comment that isn't needed.
You like to pick at everything with me, don't you? Follow me around so you can show off my flaws? That's cool.
Just think about your posts. I've been known to fire off stuff that I later regret. Once recently.

It's not that I want to pick on you or one up you. It's the fact that I've been in your shoes before. AU members have told me the same thing.

Steve is an equal opportunity picker.

Try not taking everything so personally.
Aren't we all...

Yes. What Ryan said is spot on. Don't take things so personal.

I wish there were a separate thread for this sparkling repartee. When I click on a link like this hoping for additional information, I wind up feeling like Lucy has been at it again.

Aren't we all...
I'm not.
I just pick on you. :D
attachicon.gif
Unknown-7.jpeg

I did hear today that it's still at Beech Grove. That's all I can say.
It will be for some time. Sad to say. As always during a power shortage things go wrong.
My source says it's likely to be parted out, but that's not the official word, just his opinion

Aren't we all...
I'm not.
attachicon.gif
Unknown-7.jpeg

It will be for some time. Sad to say. As always during a power shortage things go wrong.
My source says it's likely to be parted out, but that's not the official word, just his opinion
His or yours? You were allllllllllllllll over Facebook demanding it's scrapping.. Also why would the scrap the unit considering it's fitted with PTC equipment. One of the few right now. Not sure which it's outfitted with. But I'm relatively sure it's PTC outfitted for Michigan service as well as Illinois "High Speed Service".

Aren't we all...
I'm not.
attachicon.gif
Unknown-7.jpeg

His or yours? You were allllllllllllllll over Facebook demanding it's scrapping.. Also why would the scrap the unit considering it's fitted with PTC equipment. One of the few right now. Not sure which it's outfitted with. But I'm relatively sure it's PTC outfitted for Michigan service as well as Illinois "High Speed Service".
That's his word. Not mine. At this point, I don't care what happens to it. It seems like it was bad luck but if Amtrak wants to keep it, they'll keep it.

I was referring specifically to the driver not having insurance paperwork. But I don't disagree with anything you said.
Failure to have a updated copy of insurance, or a failure to have any insurance. One is a bad thing, the other is a oops.
Have they determine if he just did not have a copy of his current insurance or did he not have insurance.

Have they determine how long the gates were down? The photo show a freight train real close. Did the freight train activate the gates, but not block them? The Amtrak train was on the second track and view was block by the freight train.

Bridges that my dream, you still can get hit by a train from a bridge but you have to be really talented to do so.

I just saw a recent picture on Facebook, and this is actually no joke! They're currently having it repaired. Its windshields got fixed, it got a new snowplow, so it should return to service once it's rebuilt and inspected.

I just saw a recent picture on Facebook, and this is actually no joke! They're currently having it repaired. Its windshields got fixed, it got a new snowplow, so it should return to service once it's rebuilt and inspected.
Would you be so kind as to post a link the the primary source?

Looking at that photo nothing has changed. And why would they replace a plow first?? That is for sure one of the last things if not the last thing to get fixed. The ditch lights are still broken out and it looks like nothing has been touched.. You're getting your hopes up for no reason IMO.

Back