AMTK Locomotive 66 Hit semi and damaged

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't 100% confirm that the rumor is true, but there was just a post in a private Facebook group hinting that another P42 may have been painted into Phase II (#130). A picture was also included and it looks identical to #66 except for the number.

I can't 100% confirm that the rumor is true, but there was just a post in a private Facebook group hinting that another P42 may have been painted into Phase II (#130). A picture was also included and it looks identical to #66 except for the number.
Whats not to believe? You are not suggesting that someone would deliberately doctor a photo, put it on the internet, and spread it around as fact when its total fantasy, are you? That would never happen. Ha.
Believe it. 130 is at Beech Grove for capital wreck repair and repainting. Should be out soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whats not to believe? You are not suggesting that someone would deliberately doctor a photo, put it on the internet, and spread it around as fact when its total fantasy, are you? That would never happen. Ha.
Believe it. 130 is at Beech Grove for capital wreck repair and repainting. Should be out soon.
Thanks for the confirmation. I thought that it was probably true, but I have also seen people lie about things that are far harder to prove than simply photoshopping a locomotive number. This will obviously have no effect on the typical passenger's experience, but it is still a positive to have all the paint schemes covered for the railfans and long-time riders out there.

You have to actually ID the photographer to give them credit, dummy.
default_smile.png

I'm still curious as to why this is in a thread dedicated to the damage of 66. Is it because they have the same paint job? If that is the case, why do we have separate thread for the units with Veteran's Logo?

Back