Viewliner II Part 2: Dining Car Production, Delivery, Speculation

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone have any new information on topic?
In other words, are we there yet? :giggle:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Looks like I was the last one to ask, are we there yet?

I hope everyone understands that I was joking off the previous post.

(My reply was posted the same day. Don't know why I can't get it to format properly here.)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

That said, I don't mind dribbles of info from Thirdrail7, AmtrakLKL, or anyone. I'm glad to hear that Columbus is out on the rails. I'm eagerly awaiting news of the Concord and Dover. And I don't mind de-crypting -- after all, I'm waiting anyway. LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Columbus, 68008, has been released into the wild. Currently somewhere between Miami and Hollywood.

Asking for new information is pointless. Those who will share will do so immediately. Those who dont want to share will not be prompted by asking.

If you want up to date info of the number of cars in service you have to scroll through the posts.

I'm that it would be a good idea to have a sticky with a list of cars delivered and cars in service.

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum

What happened to Austin, a Capital City that actually has Amtrak Service even if the Eagles are Superliner equipped?

I count 9 Capital Cities on the list that have Zero Amtrak Service!

What happened to Austin, a Capital that actually has Amtrak Service even if the Eagles are Superliner equipped?

I count 9 Capitola on the list that have Zero Amtrak Service!
Austin is not a Capital of an Eastern State in which Viewliners operate.

Besides, who would want to have anything to do with Texas anyway? :p

What happened to Austin, a Capital that actually has Amtrak Service even if the Eagles are Superliner equipped?

I know, just tongue in cheek!

I know, just tongue in cheek!( And 35 million people, with more arriving daily, make it seem a desirable place to live, even if the government sucks and half of the 35 million are deplorables!)
Oooh, looks like a bit of rawness was struck, eh? No you don't have to defend Texas I like it, but it is you that says bad things about other places every chance you get ;) So this was just a minor payback ;)

Asking for new information is pointless. Those who will share will do so immediately. Those who dont want to share will not be prompted by asking.
I wouldn't go that far. I can reference some upcoming things with my usual type posts but I haven't because I didn't want to read the complaints. If you're interested in my usual "cryptic" delivery, it can be arranged. :ph34r:

I wouldn't go that far. I can reference some upcoming things with my usual type posts but I haven't because I didn't want to read the complaints. If you're interested in my usual "cryptic" delivery, it can be arranged. :ph34r:
I'm waiting with baited breath. ;) And now that Steve has started a "just the facts" thread, bomb away with your cryptic deliveries.

There is bound to be whining and complaining regardless. The squeaky wheels will make noise while the silent majority will appreciate the effort. Availability appears better than it has been.

I know, just tongue in cheek!( And 35 million people, with more arriving daily, make it seem a desirable place to live, even if the government sucks and half of the 35 million are deplorables!)
Oooh, looks like a bit of rawness was struck, eh? No you don't have to defend Texas I like it, but it is you that says bad things about other places every chance you get ;) So this was just a minor payback ;)
Touche!

Touche!
The criteria for the names is capitol cities east of the Mississippi, regardless of whether they have Amtrak service.

d02d4d1256ccc015216e350bde69a807--funny-memes-funny-pics.jpg

lets-do-this-bring-it-on.jpg

In other news:

defc43a888742631b666a03dfa923166efabf0c4ac391d34c63422016750a4f5.jpg

Me personally? I don't actually care. Que sera sera. The cars will arrive when they arrive, and no amount of bloviation by me is gonna change that. That being said, I don't mind cryptic posts. There a lot more fun than listening the are we there yets or the how dare you be cryptics.

This post is brought to you by:

I can think of something that starts with that letter:

9cbaa5b494cbb5e6f7c3af3b6cbf4a33.jpg

Can you name some other things? :ph34r:

Sesame Street is generally brought to you by a letter *and* a number.

Perchance is this coming episode brought to us by the letter H and the number 2? ;)

The criteria for the names is capitol cities east of the Mississippi, regardless of whether they have Amtrak service.
With Saint Paul, Trenton, and Washington awaiting a future order, I suppose. :)

Or perhaps Saint Paul was excluded because Amtrak is a government organization and must not be entangled with religion. :)

With Saint Paul, Trenton, and Washington awaiting a future order, I suppose. :)
Or perhaps Saint Paul was excluded because Amtrak is a government organization and must not be entangled with religion. :)
It is kind of weird that those cities were excluded since they all have Amtrak service. Washington is obviously different from a state capital, so I can see why that was excluded. Minnesota is primarily west of the Mississippi River and the eastbound EB crosses back to the west side of it for a period before turning east towards Chicago. Trenton is a little harder to explain. Maybe Amtrak did not want to be associated with New Jersey, let alone Trenton?[emoji6]
Sent from my SM-J327P using Amtrak Forum mobile app

Back