Viewliner II Part 2: Dining Car Production, Delivery, Speculation

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When the LSL is crowded, the split car is inadequate as a working lounge even with all tables available. Lack of any space to sit and relax outside of table space is a major deficiency of all of Amtrak's single level LD trains. Even if they fixed the crew occupying space issue, the atmosphere would be lacking.

I know I mentioned it before, but I haven't seen Atlanta in three months. Do we have any ideas about what happened to it?
Atlanta has been enjoying a vacation in Hialeah for a spell, as you have noted. There has been some recent movement through the yard, so it may be returning to service soon.

Interestingly, it has been almost a week since a Heritage diner was last in service on 20(22). I suspect we'll see a random trip here and there until more VL IIs are delivered, but not many.

These are the current routes for the respective V-II Diners, based on their most recent sightings.

Silver Meteor:

Columbia - October 28

Baton Rouge - October 26

Charleston - October 17

Columbus - October 29

Crescent:

Augusta - October 12

Boston - October 28

Indianapolis - October 28

Annapolis - October 27

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone have any info on when 68009 is due?
Are we there yet? LOL.

No, srsly, if anyone had info, it would get posted.

When the due date is known, expect an eruption

of posts until the new diner reaches Hialeah.

You won't miss it.

If you have time on the 1st, I suppose you can verify if Ryan's post is correct.....Fleet One!

If you miss, I guess Fleet 2 can check things on the 2nd.

I'm getting the feeling that the LSL won't have diners on my trip *to* the NARP meeting -- tonight -- and that it won't have diners on my trip *back from* the NARP meeting either -- a week fom now. Sigh. Maybe my Thanksgiving trip?

I'm getting the feeling that the LSL won't have diners on my trip *to* the NARP meeting -- tonight -- and that it won't have diners on my trip *back from* the NARP meeting either -- a week fom now. Sigh. Maybe my Thanksgiving trip?
Maybe Atlanta will be on one of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum

These are the current routes for the respective V-II Diners, based on their most recent sightings.

Silver Meteor:

Columbia - October 28

Baton Rouge - October 26

Charleston - October 17

Columbus - October 29

Crescent:

Augusta - October 12

Boston - October 30

Indianapolis - October 29

Annapolis - October 27

Today, October 31, Harrisburg and Hartford were released from CAF!!!
There, fixed it for you. LOL.

For those who missed the previous post.
default_wink.png
Great news.

Concord and Dover will be gratefully received at a later date.

Back