Trouble at NOLUS

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, for that matter why is meatloaf on any menu in any sort of public eating place, anywhere in the world?

Seriously, I believe the OP has identified himself as a black man by saying "another black man" and rightfully considers himself racially discriminated against. Even if security at NOL are not directly employed by Amtrak, they are acting on Amtrak's behalf.

On the secondary theme of this thread, I will say when I first posted on AU asking for advice about luggage, it was clear to me that this was not Amtrak. I was quite surprised to be chastised about the amount of luggage I had (only one medium bag) and was told how to pack light and do my laundry en route. However, years of working as a teacher, a profession which is pretty much a scapegoat for all the ills of the world has toughened me up and I got over all that. I do wish the OP and other such posters would come back, but part of the reason they often don't, may be the reception that they get.

Jean

Last edited by a moderator:
If I was told by a station agent that I could re-enter the station after going to a hotel to check/answer some emails, then I would believe that agent,and expect to be let back in
Exactly.

The problem in these situations is often that one agent says one thing, and if you don't find the same agent, the other agent may have a different interpretation of the rules.

However, not letting somebody in who has a ticket, when other people are already obviously inside, sounds absurd to me.

However, not letting somebody in who has a ticket, when other people are already obviously inside, sounds absurd to me.
Well we have to assume based upon the OP's post that those inside were Amtrak passengers. However, the station in New Orleans is a combined train & bus station. So the possibility must be considered that they were only allowing bus passengers inside which is what he saw and/or that those Amtrak passengers who were inside had remained there all night.

Wow. How the people of this site can continuosly propogate a Guest post (not just this one, but so may) into a multi-page thread is a fascinating study in sociology.....In most instances:

1. no one is really clear on WHAT the OP really meant

2. Someone will explain what they meant-

3. Someone will counter with "what part of XXXXXXXX makes you think that? Clearly......"

4. Someone will blame the Republicans

5. Someone will ask about a "what if though, the train was actually the old route and went through XYZ, would this still have occured"

6. Someone will invariably make a statement about using a service that's not paid for (bottled water, internet, etc etc etc)

7. Someone will counter with "if it's ok to use WIFI without being a paying guest I suppose it's ok to walk into a bank, shoot the teller and take all the money out right?"

8. Someone will counter the counter with a seemingly logical argument that really doesn't have a thing to do with the post, like "is it ok to use the bathroom at a gas station if you don't buy something? how about if I bought gas there every week for 3 years, don't they owe me 3 years worth of bathroom?"

9. Someone will ask what time the diner opens.

10. Someone will respond that they don't know EXACTLY when the diner opens, but it's usally late, and the meatloaf is horible.

11. Someone will assuredly like the meatloaf disparaged in the previous post.

12. The Guest OP will not come back and read the comments, because he found his way here by accident anyway, and thought he was talking to Amtrak Cust. Service

13. Someone will post that this is NOT Amtrak Customer Service, but you should really call them.

14. Someone will ask "what part of XXXXXXX makes you think he thinks this is Amtrak?

15. Someone will ask who his SCA was arriving NOL

16. Someone will ask was he in sleeper or coach?

17. SOmeone will ask why sleepers are so high, and when are the new ones coming?

18 Someone will reply with a political post about whether it was the left, or the right who hates amtrak more. (in and of itself a binary circle of a conversation)

19. Someone will feel the need to expound on the politics theme by thinking they're being very clever using a term "T-bag, T-Pub" etc. (it was cute 4 years ago-It's a little stale now....)

20. Someone will state that it's not Amtrak's fault, what did you expect?

and, around that point, I stop going back any further in the pages.....Seriously, this forum is a whole lot like Seinfeld-A site about NOTHING! :lol:
NICE! :) I can't top that, but after this post:

"Sounds like you found one of these walking around with a big chip on his shoulder / inferiority complex / inflated sense of his own importance / intent to be ruler of all he surveys."

Did anyone else get a vision of Barney Fife?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back