Tracking the moderator

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Superliner Diner

Conductor
Alan should be on the Auto Train tonight, Friday 5/16. Amtrak's website says that the train left Lorton 19 minutes early (they can do that if everyone is aboard and the train has been fully assembled) at 3:41 PM. But it says that the train is expected in Sanford at 9:25 AM, 55 minutes late. I suspect they could have run into CSX speed restrictions due to rainy weather and the threat of flooding.

Superliner Diner said:
As of 8 AM Saturday, this train is projected to arrive in Sanford at 9:55 AM, one hour 25 minutes late.
Thanks for the Update on His Progress Superliner Diner. I'm sure he won't mind the extra time on the train, its not like he'll arrive at his station at 1 am, like I did (Courtesy CSX).

Superliner Diner said:
Official arrival time was 10:10 AM, or 1 hour 40 minutes late.
Well I clocked us into Sanford as of 10:09 AM, but hey I won't quibble over a minute. :D

But is your watch set to CSX standard time Alan? A buddy of mine was on 52-16, they arrived in Lorton about the same time. I personally I'm hopin 98'll be late when I go to Baltimore so I can sleep in and eat breakfast.

Do you set it to the hourly tone on WCBS AM? That's how I do it (then subtract 3 hours for west coast time).

I set mine to my Sharper Image atomic clock, I don't know what my school sets it to, but its several minutes behind "real" time.

tp49 said:
Do you set it to the hourly tone on WCBS AM? That's how I do it (then subtract 3 hours for west coast time).
TP49,

WCBS must have a very powerful signal, since they're in New York City and you're on the west coast!! :lol: :lol:

My school is three minutes off CSX Standard, so I'm constantly having to do radio math when trying to figure out how long until I get out of that god for saken wasteland (it's a lot like Lorton).

until I get out of that god for saken wasteland (it's a lot like Lorton).
The station in Lorton is quite nice, however there is a maximum security prison only several minutes away. My mom took a drive up to it with my sister and me. I know what you mean about school though. <_<

Amfleet said:
until I get out of that god for saken wasteland (it's a lot like Lorton).
The station in Lorton is quite nice, however there is a maximum security prison only several minutes away. My mom took a drive up to it with my sister and me. I know what you mean about school though. <_<
Yeah, Lorton looks nice now. I know what you mean about (High) School as well, I've got 20 days left, 13 days till finals :eek: .

14 for me. Most of the Sanford employees call Lorton a god forsaken wasteland purely because there is nothing there. A least in Sanford we have a ghetto :D .

Lorton is the home of the jails for DC, I remember seeing them on an HBO special once.

Superliner Diner said:
tp49 said:
Do you set it to the hourly tone on WCBS AM?  That's how I do it (then subtract 3 hours for west coast time).
TP49,

WCBS must have a very powerful signal, since they're in New York City and you're on the west coast!! :lol: :lol:
Diner,

Sometimes I have been known to have my dad let me know when the tone goes when I call him at home. Otherwise I use KCBS out of SF. B) :lol:

Bill Haithcoat said:
Alan,
Wish I was doing something as neat as that for Memorial Day. I assume you will be in a deluxe bedroom?

Bill
Bill,

You are correct! Not only will I be in a deluxe bedroom, I'll actually be in two deluxe bedrooms. I will be returning with my brother, his wife, my two nephews 2 & 4, along with my mother. So I'll get to see for the first time a deluxe suite as they call it. :)

Coming down to Florida, we had a family room and one standard bedroom. For that journey I had my sister-in-law, my two nephews, two of my nieces (my sisters girls), along with mom. My sister and brother-in-law drove down earlier with my youngest niece, a 1 year old. My brother flew down later to join all of us.

So it was a major family affair and we rented a house for the week. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back