NTD Attendee Poll

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NTD site planning to attend

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

the_traveler

Engineer
I plan to go to Washington for NTD. Hope to meet up with other members!
cool.gif

Last year, I went to PHL, thought I'd switch around some.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I go I'll probably try for DC as well. Mainly because the "exhibit train" will apparently debut there.

A special 40th anniversary “exhibit train” will make its debut at the National Train Day event in Washington, D.C. on May 7, 2011, and then travel across the country for a one-year period. It will have two locomotives with historic paint schemes and use renovated baggage cars to display educational exhibits focusing on each decade of the railroad’s existence with vintage advertising, past menus and dinnerware, period uniforms, photographs, and other items of memorabilia. There will be no charge for the public to tour the exhibit train.

I have PHL on the schedule and plan to be there. I will be taking the SEPTA Trenton Line in to 30th street station because it's about 1/10th the price of an Amtrak ticket from this area. However, I will be arriving by train. I usually make it a point to wear a name badge to events like this so if you see me and want to say hello, I am always willing to chat and share stories. I am a middle age guy 5'11" w brown hair, & medium build. I'll get my pic in the avatar later today.

I'm planning to do NTD in Chicago... I'll probably head down on one of the morning Hiawathas and head back home on the Empire Builder. Already have my tickets!! :) I have to work that night, but have someone holding over for me from 1st Shift for a couple of hours so I can catch #7 home instead of the Hiawathas.

Middle daughter is graduating from the University of Iowa the following weekend. Will be making preparations for those festivities, so unfortunately will be nothing train related. Next year, would love to be in DC! :)

I have never been to any NTD functions but it sounds kind of fun. If my son is not playing baseball somewhere that day, I make get him to ride with me from CVS to WAS and see what's there returning the same day. Would a thirteen year old boy enjoy his time or will it be boring for him? I love Union Station, so no worries about me.

I was able to attend the festivities in Portland last year. However I was living in the Seattle area at the time and it was an easy day trip down there. Now that I'm living in Bellingham that day trip no longer exists.

Aloha

Haven't yet done a train day yet due to a 5+ hour flight. Still cant take a train to one but I can drive to LA in 5+ hours so there is progress, so it is possible. :D

I will be boarding the Silver Meteor in Orlando on National Train Day and arriving in WAS on NTD plus one (then taking the Acela to Boston with my sister). I was in WAS last year for NTD (with my sister who hates crowds) - we ended up taking the Capitol tour instead of touring trains. :(

It's May 1st this year right? A Sunday?

Whomever is going to DC, let's try to meet for a mini-mini-Gathering. PM me if you are going, we'll arrange SOMEthing!

It is DC for me. Think I'll take my life in my hands and ride Metro to it. :unsure:

I agree rrdude, lets try and have a miniminigathering.

Maybe we could "man the barricades" for Amtrak funding... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes let's have a mini mini get together.

I will arrive there by 2203 at 10:52, and head back home by 2220 at 4pm.

Anyone planning to travel by those trains, let's have a mini mini mini get together on the train :) I will join the train at Metropark and get off at Metropark too on the way back

It's May 1st this year right? A Sunday?

Whomever is going to DC, let's try to meet for a mini-mini-Gathering. PM me if you are going, we'll arrange SOMEthing!
May 7th a saturday

still debating whether to go or not see how much money i come up with as i need most for the gathering.

I will be in DC, up and back on the Crescent same day. I was in Philly last year, and DC the year before that.

So, my intention is to keep on alternating between Philly and DC.

Glad NTD in on the 7th as we have planned on visiting CHI that weekend anyway :) It was the first NTD that got us hooked on Amtrak and also Chicago and both have gotten a fair amount of $$ from us since then!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back