Lake Shore Limited #48 Schedule Change?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my itinerary with the LSLWhen I made the rezzie it was about an hour and a half between trains, now its like half an hour - enough to worry me. When I made the rezzie I was guaranteed, now ????

Should I make a new rezzie or just let Amtrak worry about it?
I think it would be a worth a call to Amtrak to see what they say about it being guaranteed now that the time has changed. They may tell you to keep it guaranteed you need to leave STL earlier.
I'm pretty sure that it would still be a guaranteed reservation, as the normal rule of thumb is 1 hour between connecting trains.

However you may feel more comfortable with a bigger window Rich and may wish to change things anyhow. There is a difference between being on your train going where you expected to go and spending an unplanned night in Chicago and possibly loosing out on your bedroom, even if Amtrak compensates you and pays for that overnight.

I called and they booked me on an earlier train (Texas Eagle, probably #322) arriving CHI about 3PM. Charged me a lot less than the current bucket.

Now we have time for Pizza!!

But the new schedule is highlighted in gray right?

And at the top of the page it says that the reservation was changed right?

So I think it's showing you what you booked and then higlighting the new schedule...at least that's how I interpret it! ;)

So I think it's showing you what you booked and then higlighting the new schedule...at least that's how I interpret it! ;)
I do not think it is actually "highlighting" the change. I believe their tables just alternate colors.

I do not think it is actually "highlighting" the change. I believe their tables just alternate colors.
I didn't book my 5 leg trip online so I couldn't verify it, but I do agree with you. The highlighting of rows in a table is common practice used to visually help distinguish one item (leg in this case) from the next!

I've booked trains in the past where the schedule was changed between when I placed the reservation and when the trip occurred. At that time, as well, there was a brief period where the same train showed up twice in the reservation system. I couldn't tell you all the technical details of why it happens, but I'm sure it's due to how they have to change your reservation from the old schedule to the new one. The duplicate entries will go away soon enough.

Yesterday afternoon (Saturday) I made a reservation on the LSL from CHI to BUF for August.

Today I called to check why I had not received a confirming email (they had wrong email address). The agent mentioned that there was a schedule change; it would now depart at 10:00PM instead of 9:00PM. I asked him if it wasn't the other way around. He said, "No, apparently they changed their mind about the earlier departure".

Hope he was wrong; but I didn't call back to get a second opinion.

Yesterday afternoon (Saturday) I made a reservation on the LSL from CHI to BUF for August.
Today I called to check why I had not received a confirming email (they had wrong email address). The agent mentioned that there was a schedule change; it would now depart at 10:00PM instead of 9:00PM. I asked him if it wasn't the other way around. He said, "No, apparently they changed their mind about the earlier departure".

!!! Better not have, I rebooked because I could make an easier connection with the new schedule! :angry:

Fortunately I haven't deleted my original booking, I don't trust these guys.

there all screwed up. the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing. right now making a test revvy for oct 28th train 448 departs at 10PM HOWEVER train 48 departs at 9PM :huh: same train. see what happens when the spring time table comes out.

there all screwed up. the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing. right now making a test revvy for oct 28th train 448 departs at 10PM HOWEVER train 48 departs at 9PM :huh: same train. see what happens when the spring time table comes out.
I think I might just make a trip to CUS to see that!!

Cripes, I can't get thru on the phone, Amtrak is too popular!

Or too many people saw that their reservations are screwed up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cripes, I can't get thru on the phone, Amtrak is too popular!Or too many people saw that their reservations are screwed up.
When you get thru to them mention that you speak COBOL and offer to take a look at ARROW - for a small fee (10% finder's fee to me)

I just looked at my reservation for June. Sure enough, it is again listing two departure times whereas it was not doing that yesterday. That would be crazy for them to switch it back that soon!

I just looked at my reservation for June. Sure enough, it is again listing two departure times whereas it was not doing that yesterday. That would be crazy for them to switch it back that soon!
I changed a booking last nite so that I could get from BUF to NHV w/o going thru NYP on the earlier LSL schedule. If they make the LSL later again then I'll have a less than 10 min connection to make in SPG. Matter of fact my on line res shows double booking now, one with that impossible to guarantee connection. It's not like I can wait for a later train, that connection from SPG to NHV is the last one of the day!

I changed a booking last nite so that I could get from BUF to NHV w/o going thru NYP on the earlier LSL schedule. If they make the LSL later again then I'll have a less than 10 min connection to make in SPG. Matter of fact my on line res shows double booking now, one with that impossible to guarantee connection. It's not like I can wait for a later train, that connection from SPG to NHV is the last one of the day!
What a pain.

Spent some time on the phone with a great Amtrak agent just now

#48 IS NOT LEAVING EARLIER. Amtrak has kept the original CHI departure time of 10:00pm, just as PaulM said earlier. The agent was good enough to make my NYP-NHV link an earlier train so that we wouldn't have such a long layover in NYP, and she held the price down to the same fare as the later train.

Also, on my return trip booking, I tried to get on 449 in SPG to a roomette instead of coach as originally booked, but the buckets have gone up and that would run me about $200 more, not worth it for the ride from SPG to ALB. So we'll be coach from SPG-ALB, and roomette from ALB-CHI.

Dang I hope I did this all correctly, I don't recommend anyone else try it on muscle relaxants (nursing a bad back).

wdw_train_goofy.jpg

i told you amtrak's management is f-ed up big time. first they decide they will change it to 9PM now there saying its back to 10PM why the hell say its going to be 9PM start screwing up peoples revvys and then screw everything up again by changing back to what it was. GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER AMTRAK.

I think I might just make a trip to CUS to see that!!
Aloha

That must be one heck of a long train taking a hour to depart. Hmnn do I want to see if the Same happens to the TE on March 31.

!!! Better not have, I rebooked because I could make an easier connection with the new schedule! :angry:

Fortunately I haven't deleted my original booking, I don't trust these guys.
It appears unfortunately that they have changed it again. I called there a little after midnight this morning eastern time and got an updated iteniary for the 9 PM departure and car changes for both the 48 & 49. After reading this thread I ran an online reservation and sure enough it's back to 10PM. Me thinkith the intial changes got derailed somehow! :unsure:

My original rezzie had me arriving CHI at 8:40 PM - a little close for a 10:00PM departure? Maybe, but it was absolutely impossibe for a 9:00PM departure. So I changed to to about 2:30PM.

Now the LSL is again leaving at 10PM. I think I will stick with the mid-afternoon arrival in CHI and let those folks play their games!

doing a dummy revvy for oct 28th it shows the LSL leaving at 9PM both 48 and 448 leaving at the same time.
Yeah you're right, just checked my res and 48 is listed twice, leaving CHI at 9:00 and 10:00.

I'm going to keep it that way and not complain, wait a while then cancel one of them for a full refund. That'll teach 'em. :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back