How logical would...

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The main problem with running Superliners under catenary is, of course, what happens to passengers who find the secret penthouse stairway and head up on top to satisfy their nic fits. :giggle:
Fear not.... the secret penthouse shall lead straight to heaven :p

This is going slightly off-topic, but it is related. Is there any place where SEPTA couldn't run multi level equipment? Granted, NJT technically runs MLVs into NYP and MARC into Baltimore Penn through the tunnels, but I'm wondering if there are any height restrictions on the SEPTA system.

This is going slightly off-topic, but it is related. Is there any place where SEPTA couldn't run multi level equipment? Granted, NJT technically runs MLVs into NYP and MARC into Baltimore Penn through the tunnels, but I'm wondering if there are any height restrictions on the SEPTA system.
I think its the Center City Tunnels that cause the problem. I heard some of the newer trains can't fit through there , thanks to Septa's stupidity....

Yes because while the 30th Street Station (the SEPTA platform) isnt underground, I believe the Suburban Station is. Therefore they do have height limits.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back