Bedroom Pricing increasing everywhere!!!!!!&#3

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now fast forward to when someone says Amtrak doesn't pay it's own way and is a financial black hole. Having been stiffed in my effort to take the train, I probably will be thinking that Amtrak has absolutely no right to federal funding since their sleeper travel just caters to rich people who can afford $1200 for a sleeper. Why should I kick in any tax revenue to support something that doesn't do anything for "middle class Americans"?
Did it ever occur to you that space might cost less if you book further in advance? There is no roomette that has a low bucket of $1200.

You do not suddenly know what you're talking about just because you are pissed that you didn't plan ahead.
I know to plan ahead. My neighbor, who tried to book six weeks out on the CZ and got hit with this rate, didn't know to, and made sure the whole neighborhood knew about the "rich train slobs". Then again, I've had situations where I have tried to book a bedroom from Newton to Chicago four months out, and the rate was, and stayed at or above $570 for one night's accommodation.

Now fast forward to when someone says Amtrak doesn't pay it's own way and is a financial black hole. Having been stiffed in my effort to take the train, I probably will be thinking that Amtrak has absolutely no right to federal funding since their sleeper travel just caters to rich people who can afford $1200 for a sleeper. Why should I kick in any tax revenue to support something that doesn't do anything for "middle class Americans"?
Did it ever occur to you that space might cost less if you book further in advance? There is no roomette that has a low bucket of $1200.

You do not suddenly know what you're talking about just because you are pissed that you didn't plan ahead.
If you go back to the beginning you will see that this discussions is about the fact that planning ahead to get the low price is not working so well anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back