30% bonus on purchased points

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meat Puppet

Lead Service Attendant
Special offer: 30% more points!

Now there is even more reasons to top up your Amtrak Guest Rewards account! Buy Amtrak Guest Rewards points between March 1 and April 30, 2010 and automatically receive a 30% bonus on the number of points purchased.

Special offer: 30% more points!Now there is even more reasons to top up your Amtrak Guest Rewards account! Buy Amtrak Guest Rewards points between March 1 and April 30, 2010 and automatically receive a 30% bonus on the number of points purchased.
Thank you, thank you, thank! Easiest 3,000 bonus points I've ever earned!

Special offer: 30% more points!Now there is even more reasons to top up your Amtrak Guest Rewards account! Buy Amtrak Guest Rewards points between March 1 and April 30, 2010 and automatically receive a 30% bonus on the number of points purchased.
Am I glad that I waited to buy points! :D I was considering not buying this year, but this promotion put me (well) over the edge. Instead of a points costing 2.75 cents, they effectively cost 2.11 cents each.

As rrdude said, the easiest 3000 points ever! :D :D :D

So, does this mean you can buy up to 10,000 miles, then get 3,000 miles free? Or does it mean the most you can purchase under this plan is 7,692 which equals 10,000 with a 30% bonus? LOL

I have never done it during a bonus period, so I'm not sure, But I would say yes! The purchase is actually thru Points.com, while the bonus is thru AGR.
I bought 3,000 last night as the 900 bonus would bring me to 50,000. The terms of service say the 3,000 would post within 72 hours, they in fact posted in 8 hours. the terms for the bonus say they will post within 72 hours of "completion of the transaction". I am now at 49,552 waiting the 900 so I can book a 3-zone bedroom trip. If the 900 does not post by tomorrow morning I may go ahead and buy another 500, the 900+150 bonuses will just restock my cupboard.

Last edited:
Dang! :angry: I jumped the gun and bought 10,000 a month ago or so. That'll teach me not to be so impatient!
Is there a limit you can buy during this event?
The limit is 10,000 per year. Other than that, no limit!
The only thing that could make it better would be to remove :rolleyes: the 10,000 point limit for points purchased during this period. ;)
Now that would be a hot deal! I could see The_Traveler hocking everything he owns! :cool:

Dang! :angry: I jumped the gun and bought 10,000 a month ago or so. That'll teach me not to be so impatient!
The only thing that could make it better would be to remove :rolleyes: the 10,000 point limit for points purchased during this period. ;)
Now that would be a hot deal! I could see The_Traveler hocking everything he owns! :cool:
I can't see him hocking is key to the penthouse :lol:

Aloha

I can't see him hocking is key to the penthouse :lol:
You got that right! I'd get rid of Chez Traveler, since I'm not there much and it doesn't get much use anyway! :p

Aww....I just bought 2000 points last week so I'd have enough for my loophole trip. Oh well, at least I can get the bonus on the next 8000.
I just brought 2000 points last week but that's ok. I just brought 4000 today and I'm going to get another 4000 next month to complete my limit for the year. If only there was no limit for this promotion. Hey better than nothing.

Darn. I had already purchased the 10k annual maximum.

Darn. I had already purchased the 10k annual maximum.
Well so did my wife and I (purchase 10k in Jan} but a few days ago I and my wife had an "Heart CT Scan"and my wife did well but I Flunked! (Guess iI did not study hard enough) . I had a cardiogram where they stick some wire up through your groin and up through your heart and shoot dye. They said I was OK but need to modify my diet. I'm still happy, bonus or not. Where in the heck do turnups come from? Hope you all see a skinnier Jim55

Last edited by a moderator:
Back