#22 - Disrupted or Not?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I don't mind how fast we go as long as we're moving. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Paul: I know nothing about the tracks around STL but was just Quoting trainorders! According to the First Post about he Eagles Yesterdays (10/5) #22 was Running on the East Side of the Mississippi and Todays (10/6)was going via the chester Sub, Whatever that is??? As to the Weather, train orders is now saying that Little Rock and North is Iced in so Todays #21 out of CHI will be Turned in STL and todays #22 Out of SAS will be Turned in FTW. Thiis Bad News for Sarah and Joe in Dallas! It looks like ya'll Lucked out on the Weather, Down Here its Going to Remain Freezing until Sunday with Sleet and Ice, then Sunday Night another Cold Wave will Come into Texas with another Chance of Freezing Parcipitation! FWIW the Bad Weather is Supposed to be Moving NE from Texas to Arkansas, Missouri and Across the Mid-South and Mid west! Hope ya'll continue to Miss It in Illinois!
Ok now I got it! I was thinking north of STL. Chester, Il must be on the former MoPac route that heads south of East St. Louis on the east side of the river south of STL.

Yesterday,7th ,there was a complete amtrak train sitting in the San antonio station.That was odd.That must have been the Tx Eagle.I will have to check if it left today

Yesterday,7th ,there was a complete amtrak train sitting in the San antonio station.That was odd.That must have been the Tx Eagle.I will have to check if it left today
That was #21, which was running 18 hours late. Looks like it turned to #22 today.

The southbound Heartland Flyer ran this morning (Sunday) passing my house right to the advertised minute :) Right now it remains the only way to get between Oklahoma City and Texas.

The Weather Still looks Awful from DFW North so Glad to see the Flyer Running Today! I notice that Today's #22 Is Running On Time out of Taylor and Wonder if it Will Make it All the Way to CHI since Joe Hess is Planning on Heading to Michigan Today from Dallas??? The Weather Still Looks Bad in Arkansas and Missouri and It's Heading to the NE with More Cold and Freezing Rain and Snow Due Down this way Tonite! :eek:

#21 isn't shown on the Status Map (Yesterdays #21 was Turned in STL and Ran Back to CHI) but it isnt due to Leave CHI until 1:45PM!

Great to See that Sarah made it Home! :) (Even If It Was on American Airlines!)Still Hundreds of Flights Delayed/Cancelled ! :(

As of 1130 the Flyer is down 29 minutes but is expected to make up time before arriving FTW. Of course it will soon be running right alongside the shut down stretches of 35; so it will be interesting to see if any motorists still stranded try to flag her down.

Great to See that Sarah made it Home! :) (Even If It Was on American Airlines!)Still Hundreds of Flights Delayed/Cancelled ! :(
I got lucky. I didn't really, truly relax until we took off and were officially on our way to Chicago. A lot of flights were canceled shortly before boarding and even after people had already gotten on the plane, so my heart skipped a beat every time the PA started with, "Attention, passengers. Flight 2319 to Chicago..."

I see that DFW is getting more sleet/ice, so I'm doubly-glad I got out on that flight. I hope Amtrak continues to run so Joe can get home. If I hadn't gotten that flight, I would have been on the train with him today. :)

I'm at the station again! 22 is on time, 21 is behind and due in here around 3 or so.
:hi: Hopefully the CCC and Bar have been Restocked so that the Looooooooong Trip thru the Frozen Wilds of East Texas, Arkansas, Missouri and the Corn Fields of Illinois Won't leave You Hungry and Thirsty! ^_^ Is Downtown Dallas Still a Ghost Town like they Showed on TV this Morning??/ The Sun is Out here in Austin and it's a Balmy 45 but More Bad Weather Due Tonight from the NW!! Have a great Trip Home!! ;) FYI: The Lions are Beating the Eagles in Philly in a Blinding Snowstorm!!! Helps the Dallas Cowboys!!! :D

Huh, Jim, the last I saw was Eagles 34, Detroit 20. I have it on but am not paying much attention.

Huh, Jim, the last I saw was Eagles 34, Detroit 20. I have it on but am not paying much attention.
Detroit was ahead by 14-0 around the time Jim posted. I'm not sure what happened while we were at the grocery store, but we saw the Eagles score two touchdowns within four minutes once we got back. ^_^

(I'm a Bears fan, so I don't want the Lions to win.)

Sarah is right, it changed Quick! The Lions Pulled their Usual Choke Job and Let the Damn Eagles Score a Bunch of Points in about 10 Minutes in a Blinding Snowstorm! Da' Bears play the Cowgirls Tomorrow Nite in Chicago, Go Cowgirls!!! :p (THe NFL Least (East) comes down to the Cowgirls and the Eagles for the Divsion and the Playoffs! (At Least the Damn Giants and Deadskins Lost Again! ^_^ )

I'm still holding down the fort in Dallas. The fun spots are mostly open and the fireplace is working fine. Besides, my home station of Carbondale has 15" of snow on top of sleet. I am just as happy dealing with this 1/4 inch of Texas ice...melting pretty good today.

As of 1130 the Flyer is down 29 minutes but is expected to make up time before arriving FTW. Of course it will soon be running right alongside the shut down stretches of 35; so it will be interesting to see if any motorists still stranded try to flag her down.
I don't think that the Heartland Flyer comes within sight of I-35 much if at all betwen OKC and FTW. It does line up with US-77 quite a bit. Wonder if 77 is open...

I don't think that the Heartland Flyer comes within sight of I-35 much if at all betwen OKC and FTW. It does line up with US-77 quite a bit. Wonder if 77 is open...
No, there are several miles around the Valley View-Sanger area where the Flyer runs right along the northbound lanes of the 35; it is easy to see jealous drivers looking up at those of us on board relaxing and enjoying our ride. And we get to see the back side of the infamous Video Store (once a Stuckey's I believe) in Sanger.

Sweet! I've always thought of a train running along a non-moving section of highway the best form of advertising!
Happens all the time with commuter rail, but it's especially sweet in the wide-open spaces.

:wub:
Except, DART, which was down all weekend due to the ice storm in Dallas. However, not sure if it was switch, signal, or electrical problems.

Nothing is better than being stretched out in your Chair or Sleeper with a cold drink in hand or perhaps enjoying a meal and imagining the fun going on inside the passing or paralleling cars. Picture poor Dad trying to work the wheel of the Family Vacation car with the kids screaming We want to be on that train while the wife is snarling We should have taken the Streamliner!

Except, DART, which was down all weekend due to the ice storm in Dallas. However, not sure if it was switch, signal, or electrical problems.
DART rail slowly creaks back into service after icepocalypse

DART rail service shut down late Thursday night due to the ice storm, for only the second time in its history. (The prior shutdown occurred during the Super Bowl ice storm in February 2011.) No trains ran for the entire weekend. Buses were deployed to take over the train routes....

According to DART officials, the service interruption was due to ice on the cables running over the trains. The cables carry electric power; when coated with ice, the electricity stops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back