#22 - Disrupted or Not?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SarahZ

Quality Control
#22 says it'll be 1:40 late into Dallas. No biggie.

But then #422 says "service disruption" and doesn't list an arrival into Temple.

This confuses me.

Please help. :)

Amtrak's status map shows service disruption for 22...and it's moving at 22 mph. It appears to have just left McGregor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! :)

I don't care if we're delayed as long as it's still moving and I have a warm bed and books. I'll bring some extra food just in case. ;)

I was mostly worried I'd be stuck in a Dallas tonight.

You may have trouble and extended delays getting through Arkansas where Cleon is still roaring away. But at least you will get through warm and safe; if Cindi's is open stock up on those good Cinnamon Rolls :)

Out of curiosity I check the status of today's Heartland Flyer into FTW and it is running 2 hours down; last night it passed my house in Norman right on time. But right now that is the only way to safely get between Oklahoma and Texas.

The #21 just departed CHI on time, but showing a service disruption. Wonder if they are planning a small track re route. #22 12/5 just arrived in St Louis a tad over 6 hrs late, and was "off the red line" a half an hour ago.

Edit, missing word.

Yesterdays (10?5) #22 Arrived into STL Today 6 and 1/2 Hours Down and According to train orders was on a Detour on the East Side of the Mississippi! Todays(10/6) #21 and #22 are Now Shown as "Service Disruption" with the last Post for #22 shown as Out of Taylor On Time @ 10:30AM. #21 is a Service Disruption Out of CHI!!

The Weather is Brutal across the Hi Line and Midwest and is moving to the NE with Sleet/Ice/Freezing Rain/Snow /High Winds etc/

I hope that Sarah does get out of Dallas today, I'm sure we'll get an Update from her since there doesn't seem to be any Information besides what I referenced above about the Eagles!!!

Hang in there Sarah, it'll Work Out! Stay Dry, Warm and Safe! At least you're not Stuck @ an Airport on on the a Frozen Road !!! ;)

edit: Sarah: Looks like #22 is Moving North Now as said! You may want to Stock Up[ on Snacks and Supplies, looks like it will be a Looooooooooong Trip North to Chicago but at least the eagle is Flying while other Means of Transportation are Shut Down! Keep us Posted with Updates from Ground Zero!!!

The roads were AWFUL. Y'all need some plows and salt trucks. ;)

I was prepped for limbs across the tracks and things like that, so delays are expected. I was mostly concerned about the loco breaking down or something major like that.

You may have trouble and extended delays getting through Arkansas where Cleon is still roaring away. But at least you will get through warm and safe; if Cindi's is open stock up on those good Cinnamon Rolls :)

Out of curiosity I check the status of today's Heartland Flyer into FTW and it is running 2 hours down; last night it passed my house in Norman right on time. But right now that is the only way to safely get between Oklahoma and Texas.
Cindi's is closed. :( Most places are, even museums and such. Downtown is a ghost town right now. It's freeeeeeeezing.

Cindi's is closed. :( Most places are, even museums and such. Downtown is a ghost town right now. It's freeeeeeeezing.
Pull out that winter coat out of your bag that you stuffed in it when you arrived. :D

Be glad you're not catching a train on the NEC during an ice storm. Good chance the trains wouldn't be running either.

The roads were AWFUL. Y'all need some plows and salt trucks. ;)
Even down here in Austin the Flyovers and Elevated Roads are Closed due to Ice!! We're Definitely Not Prepared for Weather like this since it Happens maybe 2 or 3 Times every 5 Years! As was said, Stay Warm, Dry and Safe as you wait for the Warm Eagle to Chug it's way up to Dallas to Pick you Up! The Real Delays will probably be Tonite in Arkansas and Missouri! Please keep us Posted!!

Sarah, glad you're doing ok and that the trains are still moving, albeit slow and late. I heard on weather channel that 1000 of 1800 daily flights were cx'd at DFW today. Go Amtrak! All the best for a safe journey back north...keep us updated as you can.

I got a call earlier 22 is disrupted, no alternate transportation is available. They do not know if there will be a train out of Dallas tomorrow or not. I rebooked for Sunday, they told me to call back after 8CT tonight to see if I can get out of here tomorrow.

I got a call earlier 22 is disrupted, no alternate transportation is available. They do not know if there will be a train out of Dallas tomorrow or not. I rebooked for Sunday, they told me to call back after 8CT tonight to see if I can get out of here tomorrow.
:( Hope ya'll are Warm and Safe and make it Home Safely Soon! Please keep us Posted! Guess they will turn Todays #22 in FTW for Tomorrow if Trains can Run or else Run it as #22 to CHI??? Todays #21 Out of CHI is in Service Disruption with ALL of the Eagles for Today and Tomorrow shown as "SOLD OUT!"

I didn't get a call. :( I see it heading into Fort Worth at 70 mph (was in McGregor earlier) so what's going on?

I have finals on Monday. Now I'm worried. I'll check with the counter.

Be safe and stay warm, yes! But question.... I had asked about winter Amtrak travel a couple months ago because of my upcoming SWC trip and most everyone was saying that the trains likely still go even in icy conditions [even if switches have to be thrown manually]. Is there something else going on that we don't know about yet somewhere up the TE line? Hope our members make it out of Dallas soon, I imagine there'll be a few stories to tell from this adventure.

I didn't get a call. :( I see it heading into Fort Worth at 70 mph (was in McGregor earlier) so what's going on?
Joe's trip is tomorrow, so maybe it's something to do with #21 that's heading south now and will be making the turn.

Stories? I'm now sitting in Plano with grounded flyboy having some beers. I made it to the station just as my message arrived. I did a quick check at the counter to confirm that my AGR redemption needed to be done through AGR. JoeG arranged my rescue and I'm not waiting to see if I can get out of here tomorrow. The 2 of us with a night here, there will be stories!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back