#22 - Disrupted or Not?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Update!

I got a very nice email from Customer Relations today. They apologized for the way things were handled in Dallas and said they would send a copy of my email to the manager at the Dallas station. Hopefully, that employee will receive some customer service training.

They went on to say that they, unfortunately, would not be able to reimburse my hotel and food, as my trip originated in Dallas and the cancellation was due to weather. That's understandable and matches the airlines' policies. I wasn't expecting any kind of refund, to be honest, and since my employer ended up reimbursing me after I sent the email, it's a moot point now. It would have been double-dipping.

That said, they did give me a $100 credit! :) I'm quite pleased. It doesn't expire until next February, so I will probably use it for our trip to ABQ this Thanksgiving, as I'll be using most of my points for the Gathering (if I can go).
:cool: Great attitude, why are we not surprised! ^_^ And what do you mean "IF I can go"? Those of us that are Retired can pretty much Travel Anytime but most AUers that still work plan their Vacations around Train related Happenings such as National Train Day, 'Special" Trains, Mini-Gatherings, and of course "The Gathering!" You m entioned in another Post that you may have to Fly due to the time/distance thing, that's OK! Be There or Be Square! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
And what do you mean "IF I can go"? Those of us that are Retired can pretty much Travel Anytime but most AUers that still work plan their Vacations around Train related Happenings such as National Train Day, 'Special" Trains, Mini-Gatherings, and of course "The Gathering!" You m entioned in another Post that you may have to Fly due to the time/distance thing, that's OK! Be There or Be Square! ;)
Once I submit my vacation request, which I can't do for a couple of months, it has to get approval from the Powers That Be. Until the PTB approve my request, I can't say I'm definitely going.

Additionally, I have extremely limited paid time off now, so I have to see how our annual trip to ABQ plays into this. I'm not sure if I'll have enough vacation days leftover. Also, my paid time off now includes sick time, so if I use up all of those days for ABQ and the Gathering, I'm totally sunk if I get the flu and can't call in.

It's a lot to consider.

Back when I had 15 vacation days, 3 personal days, and 18 sick days per year, it wasn't an issue. Now I get 40 hours of PTO per year. Period.

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand Sarah! I was just Teasing! ;) We Retired Folks generally have Lots of Time and No Money, so it's a Balancing Act as you say! Hopefully we'll see you in California in October and perhaps on a LD Train or in CHI along the way! :)

Yup! :)

Once they post the actual Gathering dates, I can give the scheduling department a heads-up. I don't want to assume it's the usual weekend in October since (as last year showed), those dates might change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back