11 Seattle to lax 12/21-12/12/22

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just heard announcement that we will be delayed leaving until 10:30. My dad heard the earlier announcement whitch mentioned something about switching a car off of 7. 7 is due in at 1008. So I don't believe we will leave before 11.

Ok. Mystery is solved. It was the baggage car that was bad ordered. I did my consist watch and found out when I went to get the engine numbers. The consist is the same as on 14 yesterdy. The line numbers on the sleepers are different though. Here are the details:

baggage to named later

Transition 39032  1140

32072 1132 room 9 me room 6 dad    

32063 1131

32042 11130

Ppc 39975 willamette valley

Diner 38066

Sightseer 33033

Ok. Mystery is solved. It was the baggage car that was bad ordered. I did my consist watch and found out when I went to get the engine numbers. The consist is the same as on 14 yesterdy. The line numbers on the sleepers are different though. Here are the details:

baggage to named later

Transition 39032  1140

32072 1132 room 9 me room 6 dad    

32063 1131

32042 11130

Ppc 39975 willamette valley

Diner 38066

Sightseer 33033

4 locos on the front?

Almost 30 minutes later . . . No activity by the baggage car on 7. Announcement just stAted that we are in process of working on it. Oh well. Another day on the railroad

I'm not complaining. I could be at work . . .

14 is departing as we depart. It was almost a simultaneous departure. Not much time made up in Portland. We departed at 4:21 which is1 hour 54 minutes late.

Spoke too soon. We stopped before clearing the stAtion to fuel the engines.

I have to give my props to this crew!!!! Dad and I were sitting on the ppc when the announcement came that passengers would have to leave the ppc When the wine tasting started. Having read posts about this, I was not surprised. My dad did not want to leave. Only a few people came (4) so we just sat and looked out the window. We were at the extreme opposite end in the swivel chairs. The attendant made several pointed announcements and stared at us. We eventually left. I did not want a confrontation. The attendant in our sleeper saw us coming back and asked why we were kicked out. I shrugged my shoulders. He went and asked ppc attendant to let us stay. He told us no. I stated that I would follow his directions, but would write a letter to Amtrak. We left for good.

My dad complained to the asistant conductor who agreed that this was uncalled for. We cooled our heels in our rooms. After 45 minutes we checked with the sleeper attendant to see if the wine tasting was over. He told us it was. He mentioned that he had taken the initiative to speak to the LSA about the ppc attendant. I have never seen Amtrak crew members advocate on the behalf of other passengers about another crew member. I thought this was outstanding

This attendant wanted the conducor to ban us from the ppc because I told him I was going to write a letter to Amtrak. The conductor talked with us. I pointed out we were not drunk and there was no profanity. I also pointed out that we went out of our way to comply. I explained the details mentioned above. Additionally that I asked an

if the wine tasting was over. The conductor pointed out we should have asked the ppc attendant. I explained that I was trying to avoid confrontation. The conductor and asstant conductor were very professional. They listened to us and in the end we "shook and made up".

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back