11 Seattle to lax 12/21-12/12/22

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to give my props to this crew!!!! Dad and I were sitting on the ppc when the announcement came that passengers would have to leave the ppc When the wine tasting started. Having read posts about this, I was not surprised. My dad did not want to leave. Only a few people came (4) so we just sat and looked out the window. We were at the extreme opposite end in the swivel chairs. The attendant made several pointed announcements and stared at us. We eventually left. I did not want a confrontation. The attendant in our sleeper saw us coming back and asked why we were kicked out. I shrugged my shoulders. He went and asked ppc attendant to let us stay. He told us no. I stated that I would follow his directions, but would write a letter to Amtrak. We left for good.
My dad complained to the asistant conductor who agreed that this was uncalled for. We cooled our heels in our rooms. After 45 minutes we checked with the sleeper attendant to see if the wine tasting was over. He told us it was. He mentioned that he had taken the initiative to speak to the LSA about the ppc attendant. I have never seen Amtrak crew members advocate on the behalf of other passengers about another crew member. I thought this was outstanding
Last month, when Michelle was the PPC attendant, she made the announcement about leaving the PPC. Not everyone left. When it became clear that there was enough room at the tables for those participating in the wine tasting, no further announcements were made. Those sitting in the chairs were permitted to stay.

Now we are backing up after a ling wait in Eugene. Unfortunate scanner is in the room. We sat for 24 minutes. Now we are 2:15 late
That should give Whooz and Chuljin time to cook something up as you go by. :rolleyes:
Chuljin better hurry - as he now lives in the Phoenix area! :lol: (No more daily - or otherwise - commutes on Amtrak! :( )

When I rode 14 in October there were no PPC annoucements about vacating the car if you weren't doing the wine tasting. This was on both days of the trip. I'm sorry you had that experience...thanks for all the updates!

When I rode the CS, I forget which way it was but the 1st day, they made the announcement for everyone who didn't have a ticket to leave the PPC. (Now that I think better :p it must have been #11.) I had a ticket so I stayed, but others left. On the 2nd day, they ASKED those without a ticket to leave. I did not have a ticket, and was in the swivel seats and stayed. I had no problems!

Maybe it's that one attendant. (If the wine tasting was full, and they needed the seat, I would have left with no problem!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Now we are backing up after a ling wait in Eugene. Unfortunate scanner is in the room. We sat for 24 minutes. Now we are 2:15 late
That should give Whooz and Chuljin time to cook something up as you go by. :rolleyes:
Chuljin better hurry - as he now lives in the Phoenix area! :lol: (No more daily - or otherwise - commutes on Amtrak! :( )
OOP's there is another senior moment, I knew he moved, just forgot, so that leaves it up to Whooz to make a commotion. He is good at that. :lol:

And Steve I am not sure what time you reach the ocean today but if you look real hard, and see Diamond Head, I will be on he other side of it from You. :rolleyes:

Aloha

Eric

BTW: Green and Red bikini's seem to be popular today, I wonder Why?

OOP's there is another senior moment, I knew he moved, just forgot, so that leaves it up to Whooz to make a commotion. He is good at that. :lol:

And Steve I am not sure what time you reach the ocean today but if you look real hard, and see Diamond Head, I will be on he other side of it from You. :rolleyes:

Aloha

Eric

We just left paso robles at 3:10. We are 1:30 late bit there is 40 minutes padding into San Luis obisbo.

Are you wearing one? That would be SOME sight! :lol:
Aloha

No it would give me a heart attack, let alone anyone else, I am under a tree in Basic Theater Black.

I am not sure when, but we will be kicked off the beach, where I am at for the Presidents Arrival, whenever that is. With Today's wind he will pass about 1000 feet away.

I am not sure when, but we will be kicked off the beach, where I am at for the Presidents Arrival, whenever that is. With Today's wind he will pass about 1000 feet away.
You're quite safe on the beach. The President isn't arriving today, he's staying in DC until Christmas Eve and the vote on health care is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back