Florida Mini Gathering

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What city/cities do you prefer?

• Kissimmee (low to medium end restaurants are walking distance from the station

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Christie is what you get when you elect a schoolyard bully to the student council. Rick Perry is what you get when you elect a proud moron to anything. Good old Rick knows how to bring a gun to a dogfight, but he can't bring two functioning braincells to a debate. :lol:
Hey! Chris Christie is a bully but he's OUR bully! After John Corzine and the other do-nothings, it's been very refereshing for this democratic voter to see him wade into the NJ mess and make some actual changes. He does lack personal tact, and the thought of him in the White House is laughable ("Shut up, Merkel!") but I don't think he's been bad for NJ.

It's been warm here in Jersey too. Shoot, I wish it was still 10 degrees so I could feel like Florida was an improvement!
Believe me, no matter what the temperature is, Florida is ALWAYS an improvement over New Jersey. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Please do not make brash statements about New Jersey!!

We have Governor Christie and he will be in Florida

in a few weeks!!
Shanghai, even though I do not discuss politics with you, I am willing to say that I would much rather have your governor than Florida's governor, or Texas' governor, or Ohio's governor.

He does lack personal tact, and the thought of him in the White House is laughable ("Shut up, Merkel!") but I don't think he's been bad for NJ.
I'm from Illinois and the thought of any of our past or present governors in the White House is impossible but we sure have a lock on the "big house".

What did one Illinois inmate say to another?

Gee, the food was better when you were governor!

:help: :blush: :giggle:

I'm from Illinois and the thought of any of our past or present governors in the White House is impossible but we sure have a lock on the "big house".
It may not be the "White House", but they do move to the "Greystone Manor"! And the substitute pinstripe suits for another kind of pinstripes!

laugh.gif
mosking.gif
laugh.gif

It's been warm here in Jersey too. Shoot, I wish it was still 10 degrees so I could feel like Florida was an improvement!
Believe me, no matter what the temperature is, Florida is ALWAYS an improvement over New Jersey. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Please do not make brash statements about New Jersey!!

We have Governor Christie and he will be in Florida

in a few weeks!!
Shanghai, even though I do not discuss politics with you, I am willing to say that I would much rather have your governor than Florida's governor, or Texas' governor, or Ohio's governor.

I think our Pennyk should run for Governor of Florida!! She would restore the High Speed Rail program

and with the assistance of Marco Rubio could bring forth extreme thriftiness in Government!! I would

move to Florida so I could vote for her!!

Dick: You're not old enough to move to Florida yet! :lol: :lol: :lol: (And besides, Jersey needs the few honest people it has, like our AU Members, that live in the Garden State!) :giggle:

Old Joke that can apply to many (All?) States; "What do you call an Alumni Meeting held @ a Prison?

Answer; A Governor's Conference!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope everyone has a wonderful time in sunny Florida. Today I found out that I have to be in Chicago this Friday for a last minute appointment, so now I have a couple of e-vouchers for canceling rooms within the seven day limit. Lucky me!

I hope everyone has a wonderful time in sunny Florida. Today I found out that I have to be in Chicago this Friday for a last minute appointment, so now I have a couple of e-vouchers for canceling rooms within the seven day limit. Lucky me!

Joe, you can't cancel your presence at the Florida Mini-Gathering.

We were counting on you to hold the map when the group went for a

walk around Winter Park!! I hope there are no Wrong Turns!! Who

will be leading the group??

Joe, you can't cancel your presence at the Florida Mini-Gathering.

We were counting on you to hold the map when the group went for a

walk around Winter Park!! I hope there are no Wrong Turns!! Who

will be leading the group??Dick.
Well it's Penny's backyard so she should be able to handle it. It's nice to know that I was to give directions to the group, who should I FedEx the map to? :lol:

Another update to the weather update for Sat. Jan. 14th: sunny, high 60, low 38, rain chance 0%.

Apparently the cold front will be stronger than anticipated. This is pretty cold for Orlando - sorry - it is beyond my control.

BTW, although I do not live in Winter Park, I am pretty sure I can get around with getting lost. :lol:

BTW, although I do not live in Winter Park, I am pretty sure I can get around with getting lost. :lol:
Yes, but if Winter really hits the Park and a foot of snow falls, could you still find your way around? :unsure:
Penny is a trooper in the snow. She has expensive snow boots that have

already been tested in the Canadian snow!!

Update to the weather forecast of 1/14/12: Partly cloudy, high 67, low 49, 10% chance of rain.

One AU member has canceled (apparently football is more important to some people than hanging out with train geeks). :wacko: :lol: :lol:

As it stands now, it looks like one person will be arriving on Thursday, two on Friday and four on Saturday (3 on 91 and 1 on 97); plus some that I have not heard from in a while.
Hopefully some one else will be on 97 besides poor little me. I do not want to be all alone!!!!

I might not know how to act on a train by myself!!!!
Don't worry I will keep you on the up and up.

I just booked my trip arriving by 97 on Saturday and departing by 92 on Saturday.

Penny Please add me to your roster. I was too busy traveling in India to make arrangements before this. Just got back yesterday.

Sad to say, but we are arriving in FL on the 24th by :eek: plane, we were going to take the train home from Orl., and I was hoping to make contact with a few of the resident members, but when a $59 airfare popped up for the return home I couldn't resist. I cancelled my rez. from Orl. and made a rez. FTW- SEA via the Zephyr. A much better use of points IMO. Anyway we will be visiting Orl. the last week of Jan., A week & a half after the gathering, bad timing and poor planning .....the story of my life :( y'all have fun!

Update to the weather forecast of 1/14/12: Partly cloudy, high 67, low 49, 10% chance of rain.

One AU member has canceled (apparently football is more important to some people than hanging out with train geeks). :wacko: :lol: :lol:

As it stands now, it looks like one person will be arriving on Thursday, two on Friday and four on Saturday (3 on 91 and 1 on 97); plus some that I have not heard from in a while.
Hopefully some one else will be on 97 besides poor little me. I do not want to be all alone!!!!

I might not know how to act on a train by myself!!!!
Don't worry I will keep you on the up and up.

I just booked my trip arriving by 97 on Saturday and departing by 92 on Saturday.

Penny Please add me to your roster. I was too busy traveling in India to make arrangements before this. Just got back yesterday.

I was informed that there would be a "mystery" guest arriving on 97 and departing on 92. The mystery has been solved. It will be good to see you again. :)

Dick, about my boots ---- even though there is no snow here (or even close), I am wearing my boots now. I have fallen in love with my boots and wear them almost every day. I usually look pretty silly because of the way I dress and the way I wear my hair (in pigtails), but wearing boots in 70 degree plus weather makes me look even more silly. :giggle: :giggle:

"those boots were made for walkin- and that's just what she'll do-- but if we keep bugging Penny, she's gonna walk all over you" Thank you Nancy Sinatra. :giggle:

Getting psyched for the big trip. Although today it is 50 degrees and sunny-- Friday it will be snow and 20. :rolleyes:

Looking forward to seeing you all on Saturday morning. :) :)

Another weather update for Saturday January 14th (we are down to a 5 day forecast now):

Sunny, high 63, low 46, 0% chance of rain.

Also here is an update as to the comings and goings of the participants. (this changes hourly, so by the time I finish posting, it may have changed :lol: )

arriving on Friday: one member and spouse from the north and one member from the south

arriving on Saturday morning: train 91, 2 members

arriving on Saturday early afternoon: train 97 , 2 members definitely, 1 member who is 99% sure that he is coming, and possibly a "mystery" guest who may or not be already accounted for.

leaving on Saturday late afternoon: Greyhound bus, 1 member

leaving on Saturday evening on train 92: 2 members, plus the 99% member and the mystery guest

leaving on Sunday: 2 members

I was informed that there would be a "mystery" guest arriving on 97 and departing on 92. The mystery has been solved. It will be good to see you again. :)
Depends on when you heard it. If you heard it before this morning then the mystery still remains, since until this morning I had no idea whether I was going to be there at all, or how I was going to get there and back. :)

Depends on when you heard it. If you heard it before this morning then the mystery still remains, since until this morning I had no idea whether I was going to be there at all, or how I was going to get there and back. :)

The PM informing me was sent at 12:20am today, so I assume that you are not the mystery guest. (Maybe it is Governor Christie, since Shanghai mentioned that Christie was planning to visit Florida; and I was told by my informant that I would need a large limousine to pick up our mystery guest :lol: :lol: :lol: )

I have some questions for those of you who are planning to attend the mini gathering:

Have you been to Winter Park?

Have you been to Orlando?

If it can be arranged somehow, would you be interested in a small tour (by van) of the Orlando area?

Please either PM me or respond on this thread.

Thank you.

Hi Penny,

Have never been to Winter Park and just driven through Orlando. Have three cousins who live in Orlando that I have not seen in nearly 40 years so might go visit them if there is time. Not sure about the van idea. Depends on time of day, costs, etc. :)

Hi Penny,

Have never been to Winter Park and just driven through Orlando. Have three cousins who live in Orlando that I have not seen in nearly 40 years so might go visit them if there is time. Not sure about the van idea. Depends on time of day, costs, etc. :)

I found a company that has a van that will seat 10 people, but with a four hour minimum. It looks like we have 10 people at this very minute (including me and assuming that no one else attends that has not contacted me in the last week or so). I was thinking about a van tour some time after 97 arrives in the afternoon. I would spring for the cost of the van (assuming that I can find one with a shorter minimum).

So far, I received a PM from one member who is interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back