Florida Mini Gathering

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What city/cities do you prefer?

• Kissimmee (low to medium end restaurants are walking distance from the station

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I made it to Miami, 97 was even ahead of schedule at the end.
Did you have problems walking and finding the commuter rail? Have a good time in Miami. It was nice meeting you.

I made it to Miami, 97 was even ahead of schedule at the end.
Did you have problems walking and finding the commuter rail? Have a good time in Miami. It was nice meeting you.
I had a great time in Miami. The advice to transfer to Tri-Rail in Hollywood was good, the only issue is the very sparse schedule on Sunday, I had to wait an hour. Glad to skip the walk through Hialeah though, I had a good look on my way out.

I took a few pictures on the trip. Train 91 was pulled by this Anniversary Engine south of DC...

FloridaandHighline159.jpg

FloridaandHighline158.jpg

FYI: There were 8" of snow in KIN a week after the mini-Gathering!
ohmy.gif
Why couldn't it have been held THIS Saturday instead?
huh.gif
And my source tells me it was in the 70's - and she only had on 4 layers of clothes!
laugh.gif
(Brave girl!
tongue.gif
)

Last edited by a moderator:
I had to wear my snow boots to clean the 7 inches of snow from my driveway.

Florida sounds pretty good to me!!

It was 79° in Orlando on Saturday, and although I might have been wearing 4 layers, they were very light layers. However, I did wear my boots yesterday - it seems like boots are the latest fashion trend among teenage girls. :lol: (even in Florida).

No snow here today :lol: - current temp is 54°; high expected to be 79°; average high 71°. I plan to wear boots again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back