Where I can find copies of Amtrak Menus?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aviva_dawn

Train Attendant
I'm looking for a listing of the items offered on the San Joaquins' snack cars and their costs.

If you can send me in the correct direction, I'd be grateful.

John - if only we were so lucky as to have those Amtrak longhaul menus on our California Corridor (Capitols, San Joaquins, Pacific Surfliners) trains it would sure be nice. I know I have seen our California menus posted online somewhere, but just can't quite put my finger on where right now even after conducting a little search for it. The closest thing I could find was over at the Amtrak Capitol Corridor website and the sample menu (no prices, though) can be accessed by clicking HERE. You might be able to find the actual menu somewhere on the main Amtrak California website, but it is a bit complicated to navigate through sometimes.

In general, the San Joaquin trains offer full prepackaged, microwaved meals that are actually quite tasty in addition from the junk food snacks. Usually the menu offers two types of full breakfasts (ham/cheese omelete or pancakes) each with a side of fruit priced around $7.00 and three types of lunch/dinner entrees priced between $7.00-$11.00. Some of my favorite past entrees on the San Joaquin trains have included the pot roast, meatloaf, grande chicken burrito, prime rib. Each of these comes with a salad and a roll. The only entree I had that was truly AWFUL was the microwaved salmon fillet.

Back