Where do you plan to be on NTD (5/12/12)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amtrak badly underestimated the number of people who would show up last year and they also oversold the "express tickets", creating a huge nightmare. I also think that they figured that people would move through the equipment displays faster than they actually did.

The year before in Philly, the tickets worked as promised and intended. The line for those without was huge and easily an hour or more wait, while those of us with tickets waited maybe 5 to 10 minutes at most in a line, before being let down to platform level.

Last edited by a moderator:
For those planning on WAS, this is from the NTD website:

*For all those trainiacs who are wondering why we won't be in Washington, DC Union Station this year, the station is undergoing an extensive restoration effort to repair ceiling damage caused by last fall's earthquake, which is why we are unable to host an event there. We invite you to join us at the Philadelphia event and to keep checking other city locations in April.

I was wondering why WAS was not included on the list, even though I was at the station a week and a half ago and should have realized it. There is extensive scaffolding for ceiling repair from the earthquake damage. I think there is also some construction for access to the lower level. Would be a real mess handling the large crowds for NTD. Did the problems at DC Union Station cause Amtrak to switch and scramble to use NYG?

I was wondering why WAS was not included on the list, even though I was at the station a week and a half ago and should have realized it. There is extensive scaffolding for ceiling repair from the earthquake damage. I think there is also some construction for access to the lower level. Would be a real mess handling the large crowds for NTD.
I was thinking the same thing myself. I should have put two and two together. :blush:

On the same note, I believe the access to the lower level will go into the old movie theater space and will be used for more restaurants and retail. In front of the station, Columbus Circle is being rehabbed as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back