Where do you plan to be on NTD (5/12/12)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

the_traveler

Engineer
NTD is Saturday, May 12 this year. Where do you plan to be?
huh.gif

I plan to be in PHL this year.

WAS last year was so disorganized!
wacko.gif
Even if you had timed tickets, you had to wait in the single line until it split into 2 lines! Then both lines moved at the same rate! So what was the purpose of 1) timed tickets or 2) having 2 lines?
huh.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Dave, I plan to be wherever you are on NTD - so I guess it will be PHL. (I had 1 3/4 beers tonight, which is 1/2 beer :lol: over my limit - so I apologize for typos or whatevers).

i would love to be on a train...but i will be in bermuda...on a ship....otherwise, i'd be at PHL or WAS i guess....or even better..on a train...to someplace...

I will sadly not be able to attend NTD this year. I have Fire School that day. First NTD in a while I won't be able to attend. Going to miss the AU gang this year!! But if anyone will be around after Saturday who is an out of towner send me a PM and maybe we can meet up!

Steve

We will be in the ocean (hopefully on a upright ship) between two train rides.

I'm planning on WAS, but I'm open to doing PHL instead if there's a better/bigger group doing PHL instead.

I have a trustee meeting in Chicago on NTD, so I will be on the Lake Shore Limited

on May 10 & 11 and again on May 13 & 14. It is unlikely I will be able to attend any

of the festivities in the Windy City.

I am planning to be at the PHL event. Perhaps we can all get tickets with the same tour time. The wait last year was about. 30 minutes. The food court at PHL is also pretty large and can accommodate loads of visitors. There are lots of food tables in the front of the station.

My vote for tour time would be 11AM but I am open for other times. I suggest that after we agree on a time we can all get on line at the same time and chat until they let us in.

I'm planning on WAS, but I'm open to doing PHL instead if there's a better/bigger group doing PHL instead.
The infamous "AU Gang" (not to be confused with the Rolex Gang
laugh.gif
) has been switching between PHL and WAS to "stir things up". 2 years ago, we met in PHL, last year in WAS, this year we are planning PHL again!

I am planning to be at the PHL event. Perhaps we can all get tickets with the same tour time. The wait last year was about. 30 minutes.
The "Big Guy" will probably notify us as to a meeting place and time, and when to get timed tickets so we can all go as a group!
smile.gif

Dave, I plan to be wherever you are on NTD - so I guess it will be PHL.
Is that ON NTD or the day after, Penny, like in WAS last year?
huh.gif

laugh.gif
My planning is better this year - I plan to "celebrate" NTD on the actual date, unlike last year when I was a day late (and much more than a dollar short). :lol: I am not including my sister in my plans for this year (like I did last year and the year before), so if I goof up, I have no one to blame but myself.

While I'd like to do somewhere else, I suppose I'll keep it simple and go to Chicago - less time to have to request off (my end of May trip to California got moved to the end of June, so I think I can request a single day off to sneak up to CHI for a few hours in its place) ^_^

huh.gif

laugh.gif
Last year, Dave, I think Penny made a Wrong Turn and arrived in WAS one day late.

If she makes a Wrong Turn this year, she may end up in NEW JERSEY!!!
If I end up in New Jersey, then I could go visit Archie the wonder dog. :lol: :lol:
Archie would be happy to see you. Just bring a few doggie treats!!

I've already spoken up...I'm doing a Trails & Rails trip on 11/14 so I'll get NTD in Portland

huh.gif

laugh.gif
Last year, Dave, I think Penny made a Wrong Turn and arrived in WAS one day late.

If she makes a Wrong Turn this year, she may end up in NEW JERSEY!!!
If I end up in New Jersey, then I could go visit Archie the wonder dog. :lol: :lol:
Archie would be happy to see you. Just bring a few doggie treats!!
And bring some doggie treats for Archie too!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Chicago!!

Riding the LSL to Chicago from Bufflo,ny and back.With possible side trip to Milwaukee and St.louis!!!

Three months to wait for this. Hurry up. :) :D

Since "The Gang" is doing the event in Philly, I will try to get up there and participate.

Maybe the lines will not be as out of control as last year was in WAS :angry2:

This will be my first NTD in PHI :D

I was thinking WAS, because it is close to home, but joining the whole (in the wall?) gang in PHL is certainly a possibility. That said, I'm also looking into a blacksmithing class that would conflict with NTD. :wacko: :blink: :ph34r:

On May 12, I'll probably be puttering around my home near Atlanta. However, the Southeastern Railway Museum is celebrating NTD on May 5, so I plan to be celebrating with them on May 5 in Duluth, GA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back