voucher exchange problem - two tickets into one

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I used my debit card to buy a pair of tickets for my girlfriend and myself, but we have cancelled our trip. The fares are promotional, non-refundable. I wanted to convert the tickets to a voucher to use for myself alone and book the new reservation in a single telephone call to Amtrak. However, the agent told me that my girlfriend has to go with me to the station in order to change her ticket into a voucher, because her name is on it, even though I paid for both tickets in a single debit card transaction. Is this correct, or is the agent wrong?

We were originally to leave from an unstaffed station (RVM-Richmond Main Street) with a QuikTrak machine, and going to the nearest staffed station (RVR-Richmond Staples Mill) would be inconvenient for both of us. (My new trip is to be SOB [south Bend, IN] to MSN [Madison, WI].)

Yes, the person whose name is on the ticket must be present at the station, but it can be applied to any ticket. I recommend you call the regular Amtrak number and ask the agent to connect you to Customer Service. They can make special arrangements and (if you're not departing soon) may mail the tickets to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back