USA Rail Pass

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

haq

On the site: HERE

1. Which states included in Rail Regions;

East :

National :

2. Is the Amtrak Rail Pass valid on Regional & Intercity trains or Rail

in above two regions. {pooled)

3. this Pass covers the cost of railfare, but, following means that pass holder to buy ticket. Please clarify?

Getting Your Tickets

To get your tickets, you may either:

* Obtain your tickets along with the USA Rail Pass prior to

arrival in the United States, or

* Present your USA Rail Pass at an Amtrak office.

You will need to show your passport when picking up your tickets.

4. Can I purchse pass for 1st class also instead of regular pass ?

Kind regards/Haq.

#1) East: eastern New Mexico (Albuquerque is a breakpoint), Texas, Colorado (Denver), eastern Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Michigan, Illinois, Iowa, Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Mississippi, Louisania, Maine, New York, Pennslyvania, New Hampisphere, Vermont, Connectuit, Rhode Island, Virginia, West Virginia, Tennessee, Missouri, Nebraska, Kansas, Kentucky, Oklahoma, and Wisconsin. I may miss few states to mention.

National: entire continental US (that is Alaska and Hawaii are not part of continental US).

#2) Acela and Metroliner are not included for USA Rail pass. Since I've never been in east coast, others will fill in for us. If you really want to ride that, then you'll have to buy a seperate ticket.

#3) Most trains are reserved seats, so you'll need ticket to reserve a seat for specific date and time.

#4) To upgrade tickets (first class and sleeper class) requires additional purchase. There's no sleeper pass, just tickets due to high demand for sleepers.

Back