Truck Crashes into CTA Red Line Station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlanB

Engineer
Honored Member
Two people are dead and at least 21 others injured — 11 critically — after a semitruck crashed into a CTA bus stop and an L station staircase during rush hour Friday on the Near South Side, a Chicago Fire Department spokesman said.
Four of the critically injured were children, Chicago fire spokesman Larry Langford said.
The full, but still developing story can be found either at the Sun Times or the Chicago Tribune.

Today was the last day of Blue Line service (rush hours only) to 54th & Cermak.

I happened to be out on the Blue Line Friday afternoon, preparing to ride the last train. A small group (I think three people) came up to me and asked me how to get to Chinatown, so I directed them over to the Red Line. The odds of those people having been at the station at the time of this incident are small, but still...

Is that the station we got off from the Red Line to the bus stop on the way to Amtrak yard last October on our Gathering?
Yes, that is the same station where we met on Sunday morning.
This incident was a blurb in the L.A. Times, and I later saw video of the scene on CNN. Had no idea until reading this topic that it happened at the station where we were last October.

I'm glad the only problem we had to deal with was a persistent loony.

Back