Train steps at Mystic--how steep?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry Betty. You must have forgot they stop at Providence. Just like I forgot the spotting markers in Wilmington.

It’s ok. We’re even. [emoji4]
Well seeing I've only been north of NYP once (round trip), I think I can be forgiven for forgetting some of the stops. Now, you, I know you've been down this way many times.
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry Betty. You must have forgot they stop at Providence. Just like I forgot the spotting markers in Wilmington.

Well seeing I've only been north of NYP once (round trip), I think I can be forgiven for forgetting some of the stops. Now, you, I know you've been down this way many times.
default_wink.png
Well seeing as nobody's ever been to Delaware, I guess we can all be forgiven for forgetting about Wilmington.
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:

default_wink.png
Well considering nobody's ever been to Delaware, I guess we can all be forgiven for forgetting about Wilmington.
default_smile.png
I mean I've been there. My Grandparents lived not to far from Betty. So I would visit them on occasion there. I would also report to Newark for work while at Septa. And would frequently goto Edgemore while working at NS. A few yard tracks are next to the NEC just south of BELL interlocking.

Eh, its in Delawhere. Everyone forgets that place exists.
default_smile.png
[emoji35]
default_mosking.gif
Sort of like Rhode Island, when you're riding on a Acela you'll miss it if you blink!
Actually Jim if one looks at the Speeds allowed for an Acela in RI and DE they break about even. I think that DE is a bit quicker though.
Do Acelas stop in RI? They do stop in DE, so you do get to see DE.
default_wink.png
Sorry Betty..!
20180715_235539.jpeg

default_smile.png
[emoji35]
default_mosking.gif
Sort of like Rhode Island, when you're riding on a Acela you'll miss it if you blink!
Actually Jim if one looks at the Speeds allowed for an Acela in RI and DE they break about even. I think that DE is a bit quicker though.
default_wink.png
Sorry Betty..!
attachicon.gif
20180715_235539.jpeg
See if I tip you if I ever buy something in your cafe car.
default_wink.png

Oops. Here I am trying to support our friend in Delaware by pointing out nice places there, and I have to come up with something one state over.
default_blush.png

For some reason, I always think of Chadds Ford and also Longwood Gardens as being in Delaware, even though they are both in PA.

Now for something really in Delaware: You can take the Cape May ferry from NJ over to Lewes, Delaware, which I have not done but have heard that Lewes is nice.

Also some nice beach towns.

And the lovely historic houses in Odessa. (I went on a coach trip years ago where they took us to the Odessa houses and we had a lovely lunch in one in front of a fireplace, then they took us to the Brandywine Museum--I think that's when I first started thinking of Chadds Ford as being in Delaware.)

Rumor has it that the Pig walks out of his painting at night and crosses into Delaware in search of more Oreos
default_tongue.png
. (Nah, I just made that up!
default_mosking.gif
)

Delaware is a great state: great beaches that aren't crowded, especially compared to NJ or others, no sales tax, and the roads are well-maintained. The only thing I'd like is more train service besides the northern part of the state, but that'll never happen, there's not enough demand.

Lewes is a great small city! It's motto is "The First Town in The First State! My grandparents have a house there. I would recommend the Cape May-Lewes ferry for a joyride, but it is a bit expensive and takes a while.

default_smile.png
[emoji35]
default_mosking.gif
default_wink.png
Sorry Betty..!
attachicon.gif
20180715_235539.jpeg
See if I tip you if I ever buy something in your cafe car.
default_wink.png
<3

Back