Train steps at Mystic--how steep?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're almost qualified. You left out Wilmington.
default_wink.png
With the exception of Metropark and New York, the E signs are merely for spotting the train to expedite loading. They typically line up with end doors. They were placed in tandem with the original seat assignment program.

You're almost qualified. You left out Wilmington.
default_wink.png
With the exception of Metropark and New York, the E signs are merely for spotting the train to expedite loading. They typically line up with end doors. They were placed in tandem with the original seat assignment program.
I'll have to bop him upside his head for leaving out WIL. Or just call him Dude.
default_mosking.gif

All sorts of terrific things to look at in Delaware--can't see them from the train, but they are there--from huge historic houses to Jamie Wyeth's fantastically realistic Portrait of a Pig in the Brandywine River Museum
default_smile.png
. (The rumor is that he fed it Oreos to keep it happy and content while being painted.
default_smile.png
)

Of course, compared to my state (NJ), anything else looks pretty good!
default_tongue.png

All sorts of terrific things to look at in Delaware--can't see them from the train, but they are there--from huge historic houses to Jamie Wyeth's fantastically realistic Portrait of a Pig in the Brandywine River Museum
default_smile.png
. (The rumor is that he fed it Oreos to keep it happy and content while being painted.
default_smile.png
)

Of course, compared to my state (NJ), anything else looks pretty good!
default_tongue.png
There you go, putting DE in PA. The Brandywine Museum is in Chadds Ford, PA.
default_wink.png

Delaware gets no respect despite being the First State.

default_smile.png
default_smile.png

Of course, compared to my state (NJ), anything else looks pretty good! t:p
When. the train crosses White Clay Creek, between Newark and Wilmington, you can set see a water treatment plant and a little footbridge over the creek on the northwest side of the tracks. I spent some time there in 1999-2000 collecting water samples for a big USGS study on VOC contamination in public drinking water supplies. I would go out once a month and collect from a whole bunch of water intakes and wells in MD, DE, and northern VA. It was a nice way to get out of the office for a day or two.

The Brandywine Museum is my favorite. The pig is my wife’s favorite painting at the museum.

There is a nice restaurant there too.

It is actually in Chads Ford, Pa on US 1. Just north of Wilmington, DE. On the Brandywine River. Very close to Delaware but not in it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe it'll get some respect once the dining car bearing its namesake appears. Here's a motto you can propose: The First State---and not the last Dining Car.
default_mosking.gif

Wait! What's that in your hand, Blue? I was just kidding....nooooooooooooooooo!
default_help.gif

Maybe it'll get some respect once the dining car bearing its namesake appears. Here's a motto you can propose: The First State---and not the last Dining Car.
default_mosking.gif

Wait! What's that in your hand, Blue? I was just kidding....nooooooooooooooooo!
default_help.gif
Will I see you on chat tomorrow night? I have a few words for you.
default_wink.png

Eh, its in Delawhere. Everyone forgets that place exists.
default_smile.png
[emoji35]
default_mosking.gif
Sort of like Rhode Island, when you're riding on a Acela you'll miss it if you blink!
Actually Jim if one looks at the Speeds allowed for an Acela in RI and DE they break about even. I think that DE is a bit quicker though.
Do Acelas stop in RI? They do stop in DE, so you do get to see DE.
default_wink.png

Eh, its in Delawhere. Everyone forgets that place exists.
default_smile.png
[emoji35]
default_mosking.gif
Sort of like Rhode Island, when you're riding on a Acela you'll miss it if you blink!
Actually Jim if one looks at the Speeds allowed for an Acela in RI and DE they break about even. I think that DE is a bit quicker though.
Do Acelas stop in RI? They do stop in DE, so you do get to see DE.
default_wink.png
They actually do stop in RI...

Back