So...what's the latest word....

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just rather curious on the latest information on the detour around Omaha. I am not sure if they still have the detour in place or not. What is the overall progress in this situation? Keeping my fingers crossed that all will be good to go when my CZ trips comes up in 45 days. :unsure:

OlympiaHiawatha should be going through there about NOW. According to amtrak status maps 6(4) is running about 4 hours late out of Osceola and that is the one he is on. He MIGHT make the GBB connection to the van to SPI. Then there are massive delays on #21 if he even gets there. I am eager to read his report as I will be doing this trip in 3 weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got in from a trip that involved the #6 and right now it looks like the only detour is not taking the dog leg loop up into OMA; I'm guessing the river side leg is still under water or covered with levee material. We crossed the bridge into Iowa at the usual location and actually had no delays from the detour itself. Instead, between engine problems at DEN, picking up 2 private cars in SLC and freight congestion further into Iowa, we ended up rolling into Chicago about 5 hours late. I was suppose to connect off at Galesburg, but with that missed, the Conductor had me stay on to Chicago where I was put up for the night, fed and watered and sent out on the next day's Eagle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back