Risk of points expiration during transition to AGR 2.0?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't paid attention to my AGR for years due to life throwing some curve balls insofar as travelling -- happened to get an email today and out of the blue I clicked on it and discovered I have 49000 points! So, I called Amtrak and was told my points would expire 1/214/2016 OR if I did anything for activity -- such as redeem for a gift card -- I would get the additional 3 years.

Ironically I was all excited to go back in time when my husband and I were thinking of taking a sleeper car trip and that's when I discovered the AGR program being changed lol So need to figure out whether we'll be able to plan a trip in time or instead have a lot of nice meals out with gift card redemptions ;)

Sharon: you can book an award trip under the current AGR Rules up to 11 months in Advance, and you have until Jan.23,2016 to do this!

Be aware that after 1/24/1 AGR2.0 takes effect ( Fare Based Redemptions/ the Zone System goes away) and if you cancel or modify the Rez there willl be a 10% Point penalty assesed,20% if less than 14 Days before Departure.

You also have until Jan.23 to take a,Paid Amtrak trip, even a,$5 trip will roll your points over for 3 years or if you get the new AGRMC from BOA your points won't expire.

Back