Poll: How Many Points Do You Have In AGR Today?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have approximately _____ AGR Points TODAY

• Total voters

rrdude

Engineer
Just curious as to the balance members have. I imagine some of us "burn" the points as soon as they get enuff for a 1 zone roomette, 1 one way, while others may wait to accumulate enuff for a 3 zone, Bedroom, roundtrip.

What's the MOST you ever had? Me? about 150K.

Just curious as to the balance members have. I imagine some of us "burn" the points as soon as they get enuff for a 1 zone roomette, 1 one way, while others may wait to accumulate enuff for a 3 zone, Bedroom, roundtrip.

Most Ive ever had was 50,000+ twice/booked a Return 2 Zone Roomette trip to/from Austin-California on the TE/CZ/Thruway/Surfliner/SWC/TE! Just booked my return from SEA-AUS for the gathering, a 2 Zone, 19,000 Point Roomette Award on the CS/CZ/Thruway/TE. (I used 19,000 Points earlier in May to go to NTD in WAS but the TE was cancelled from AUS-CHI due to Flooding so had to Fly! :help: to Phoeniz-Milwaukee, then take the Cardinal CHI-BAL, Customer relations sent me a Voucher for $300 for the Cancelled Eagle/It WILL get used! ^_^ )

Last edited by a moderator:
Myself, I have way to many!
laugh.gif
But my BIL's account (which I have use of the points from) has way to many also. And then there is my AGR for Business account that I can also use the points from.
mosking.gif

So I answered the combined total!
tongue.gif

Myself, I have way to many!
laugh.gif
But my BIL's account (which I have use of the points from) has way to many also. And then there is my AGR for Business account that I can also use the points from.
mosking.gif

So I answered the combined total!
tongue.gif
Dave: theres this program where you can transfer points to other members! Since you have way too many just sitting in the account why not take pity on a poor retired government hand and transfer enough for a 2 zone Round Trip Award down to me so I can get out of this heat! 40,000 will do it! Thanks! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I feel like such a moron. I have about 30,000 points, but I have no earthly idea how to best use them. I guess I'm not the BIGGEST moron because at least I am signed up and getting points--unlike a couple of my friends!

I feel like such a moron. I have about 30,000 points, but I have no earthly idea how to best use them. I guess I'm not the BIGGEST moron because at least I am signed up and getting points--unlike a couple of my friends!
:hi: You're one of the Smart Newbies! ^_^ Not sure where you live but that's enough for a Round Trip One Zone Award in a Roomette( actually 28,500 with the 5% AGR MC Rebate) ! Or if you keep on earning/saving points for 40,000 (38,000 if you have an AGR MC/5% rebate again)you can take a 2 Zone Roomette Roundtrip which is a very good use of Points! :) Of course if you don't want to use them as I said above theres a transfer Option and your points will be well used by me! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I feel like such a moron. I have about 30,000 points, but I have no earthly idea how to best use them.

I just completed a 30k trip that I thoroughly enjoyed! ABQ-PDX, stayed a few days & then PDX-DEN. Flying to ABQ & from DEN out of Tampa!!! AND of course flew Continental!!!

Well, you can always give them to me! :giggle:

I have 300 miles in my account. Not even enough for a trip across the street. :(
If you are credit-worthy, (and I'm not, just so u know) apply for either the Continental Airlines, or the Amtrak AGR CC. They are a GREAT way to earn points, with little spending,
Of course, you can also put a sticker on your laptop or PC, "reminding you" to make all your online purchases THRU the AGR site, earning points (most of the time) from AGR's partners.

Stick with it, the points will come.........

Dave: theres this program where you can transfer points to other members! Since you have way too many just sitting in the account why not take pity on a poor retired government hand and transfer enough for a 2 zone Round Trip Award down to me so I can get out of this heat! 40,000 will do it! Thanks! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Didn't you read the fine print where it said "... transfers are not valid from the state of RI to other states, but they can be made into RI ..." - I don't want to break any rules!
mosking.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I have more points in my account than I ever had (but probably not as many as Dave). I recently received 50,000 from the Chase Sapphire credit card and I purchased 10,000 points (plus the 30% bonus). In the past 6 months, I have redeemed one 3 zone bedroom trip (to Seattle for the gathering) and one 2 zone bedroom trip (to NOL) - both one way. I am paying for the least expensive way so I can get more points for next year. I see more bedroom trips in my future. :) :)

I think I have topped out at 130,000 twice, but those 100,000 mile three zone round trip bedroom rewards chew up miles fast.

Brenda and I are sitting on 165,000 points and have redeemed 120,000 points this year. My account has around 58,000 and her's has 107,000. I have recently purchased points but she chose not to. I really like to get above 60,000 but it might take awhile. I recently bought 3 pairs of work shoes from the AGR Mall from Famous Footwear and will receive 13 per $ spent. So hopefully that order will put me over the 60,000 threshold.

I have a bunch of points and little time to use them.

I plan to use them to visit my daughter in San Francisco

and have used a bunch for Gathering V in Seattle.

Myself I'm in the rage of 10,000 and 15,000. My Dad used to have a little over 100,000. Due to work. He says if AGR was instated in 1971 he would have well over 2 million points! :cool: NO JOKE! :eek:hboy: Boy where we could go!! :lol:

After my last cross-country and back trip this year I have 400k points left.

Too bad I don't collect my vacation days as fast as AGR points...

I currently have 2040 in my account, since last week's trips posted. Might switch my Cascades trips to paid for October, though, so I can redeposit that 3k points and earn more on top of that.

I've gotten up into the 70,000 range...but I currently have about 45,000. I don't see my balance stabilizing over 100k anytime soon...maybe if I end up with a full-time job that I can't break away from you'll see that, but not unless.

Edit: I mean, honestly? If I was pouring out tens of thousands of spare points I'd be spending weekends in Florida. If I scoot out of the proverbial office at 3:30, I can make the Star bound for Florida at 5:00 (well, 5:19 technically) and be in Orlando by 10:30 AM. That's enough to do a Saturday at one of the parks, Sunday on the beach, and catch the Star home on Sunday evening. I'd literally only need to clear half a day for it...and I might just look into doing something like this sometime this fall, truth be told. Failing this, I could take the Meteor home and be in the proverbial office first thing on Monday. Granted, I'd only have the one full day in FL, but if I was throwing off points and didn't have anything better to do with them, I'd do that.

Back