Photo websites of Amtrak etc.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saxman

Engineer
AU Supporting Member
Gathering Team Member
Alright,

I use to always visit this website with a database of thousands of photos of trains. It is the Airliner.net equivalent, as the website is similarly layed out. If I wanted to see just one style of locomotive with a certain number in a certain location, I could search that.

For the life of me, I can not find this website. Can anyone please help?

Chris

Jon, that site's ok, but railpictures.net has it beat in quality, quantity, and searchability. I also believe its run by the same people that run airliners.net that saxman refered to.

I totally agree that Railpictures.net has better picture quality, but its hard as heck to get a picture there. I've gotten one there before.

I like them both, i think Railpictures.net has better navigability(sp?/wordexistance?).

JP

]

I totally agree that Railpictures.net has better picture quality, but its hard as heck to get a picture there. I've gotten one there before.
I like them both, i think Railpictures.net has better navigability(sp?/wordexistance?).
I gave up on Railpictures.net. Yes, there are some good pictures there, but getting them to post one is very difficult. I had about a 30% hit ratio after several years and finally asked them to take all mine off. There has been a lot of discussion on some other general rail forums about this and how badly they treat people.

In addition to my own site (listed below) here is the link to a site I think is great.

Rail Forum Photos

They were a lot better in the earlier days, I think I have 37 on there. But I don't even bother any more, some of my shots which are amazing always get rejected. I just stopped bothering on submissions, I still look at what they have though.

Back