Photo Uploading Enabled!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alan,you locked out my new topic try & mentioned alloted space. What alloted space are you refering to?

Thanx
I locked it as it was just a test. Read Alan's original message. It explains about the space you are allowed. Use it up and you can't post any more pictures.

Alan,

you locked out my new topic try & mentioned alloted space. What alloted space are you refering to?

Thanx
I locked it as it was just a test. Read Alan's original message. It explains about the space you are allowed. Use it up and you can't post any more pictures.
Sorry,

I'll show my ignorance, how do I know how many photos I have left to upload?

Thanx

Now they're all working.

Except for Betty's quote in Steve's post - that one's just a link.

Let's see if I can do it. :D

attachicon.gif
ATL Arrivals 010.jpg
You only get a link in the quoted part of the message. Click on that link and it will give you the picture.
That's actually super awesome, and much better than seeing the same picture 5 times as it gets quoted over and over.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can't tell exactly how many photos, as it is based upon the size of the photo. It's how many Megabytes your photos are that determines how many you can post. In the area where you add a photo, it tells you how many megabytes you have left for uploading things.

Alan,

you locked out my new topic try & mentioned alloted space. What alloted space are you refering to?

Thanx
Sorry,

Thanx
It will tell you when you reach the limit.

Alan,

Thanx
Sorry,I'll show my ignorance, how do I know how many photos I have left to upload?

Thanx
Is it a general total limit? Or a daily limit?

I figured this out yesterday, including the add to post, when I was sending a PM to someone & had some attachments to include. Didn't realize it was a new feature for PMs, :D

That's Arte (artichoke) to you Steve! :D . Arte is hanging out in the crib in my spare room...which my grandson never used when he's here. He prefers the napmobile, where the monkey keeps his carseat cool when not in use.
It's good that your grandson hasn't seen the Mutant Pickle, as it could possibly "monkey" with the poor child's psyche!! :eek: ;)

Sorry,

Thanx
Is it a general total limit? Or a daily limit?
There is a limit of how many photos and megs per post, as well as a global lifetime limit per user for all forums & PM's. Again, if you hit that lifetime cap, then you'll no longer be able to upload new pictures until you remove some of your older ones.

One can delete your older photos by clicking on your name in the upper right hand corner of the page and choosing "Settings" from the drop down list. Next click on "Manage Attachments" on the left column of choices. That will present that you with a list of all the attachments you've ever uploaded. You won't see the actual photos, just the names of the photos. But you can select one or more by placing a check mark in the small box on the line. Then click on the "Delete" button at the bottom to remove the photo(s) from the forum.

I figured this out yesterday, including the add to post, when I was sending a PM to someone & had some attachments to include. Didn't realize it was a new feature for PMs, :D
I didn't enable the ability to attach files to PM's until around 3PM on Thursday. So I'm not sure how you managed to do it on Wednesday.

I just have the magic touch? Hopefully that magic touch is still with me today when I go for a job interview. :)

That's Arte (artichoke) to you Steve! :D . Arte is hanging out in the crib in my spare room...which my grandson never used when he's here. He prefers the napmobile, where the monkey keeps his carseat cool when not in use.
It's good that your grandson hasn't seen the Mutant Pickle, as it could possibly "monkey" with the poor child's psyche!! :eek: ;)
:D . He has seen Arte, but I never pushed veggies on my kids & I'm not going to push veggies on my grand kids. :p . (Because I don't like veggies).

I noticed that all the photos that are on this topic are rather small in size - like between 40 and 200 kb, which is really cool. Does the Forum take your photo and resize to fit, reducing the MB used? So, when I take 16 Megapixel photos with my cell phone and upload them, I'm only wasting space on my phone and not the forum?

That's way cool!

I noticed that all the photos that are on this topic are rather small in size - like between 40 and 200 kb, which is really cool. Does the Forum take your photo and resize to fit, reducing the MB used? So, when I take 16 Megapixel photos with my cell phone and upload them, I'm only wasting space on my phone and not the forum?
That's way cool!
Yes - the forum software is re sizing. Also, you can click on a photo and it will open it in a new box where you have the option to download it to you computer if you want.

Excuse my ignorance, I'm still using 8 tracks (Kidding)!

The photos that I post & receive are very large, where I have to scroll horizontally to veiw. Is that the way it should be or can I make an adjustment???

Back