Name That Station!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's another former Amtrak station.......

TrainStaton.jpg
Boise, Idaho

Name this former station last used by amtrak in 1976

formeramtrakstation.jpg
I first used that station in 1948 taking a train to CUS. It is my hometown station, Louisville.
Is it still there Tom or did they tear it down like so many other short sided Towns???

If so, what is it used for??? And will Louisville ever get Passenger Service Again??? :unsure:

I first used that station in 1948 taking a train to CUS. It is my hometown station, Louisville.
Is it still there Tom or did they tear it down like so many other short sided Towns???

If so, what is it used for??? And will Louisville ever get Passenger Service Again??? :unsure:
It is indeed still there, was remodeled (inside) a few years ago and is the main office of Transit Authority of River City (TARC), the local Louisville bus system.

It was one of two main Louisville stations, the other being Central Station, now gone and replaced with an ugly Interstate Highway Interchange.

LUS was the home of the L&N and their corporate headquarters sat right next door. At one time LUS was the largest station in area in the south taking up almost 5 acres of buildings and track work.

My feeling is Louisville will never see Amtrak, again, in my lifetime. But, I'm old, so who knows.

As soon as Kevin declares me the winner of this round, I'll post a picture.

At least tell us if that's the SJ or the CC, otherwise it's going to be harder than a rock!
SJ
I didn't know we gave away hints so easily! Last I checked, we needed a whole day for a clue! :)

My guess is Merced. I initally thought Berkeley, but then realized that only the Capitol Corridor stops there.
You got it!

I took that on my last business trip to California before I retired in 2003!

Had a meeting at the local courthouse but found some time to watch a few trains at the station.

Your turn.

Back