Name That Station!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love seeing all of these station pictures. It would be neat if we had a thread to showcase our home and/or favorite stations.

If you guys do not mind I will throw one out. It is one of my favorite small old depots.

cfiles11426.jpg

let's see who can get this one :giggle:

I love seeing all of these station pictures. It would be neat if we had a thread to showcase our home and/or favorite stations.
I think this is becoming just that sort of thread, although some have bent the initial rules set out. I thought TCRT would have to either post the next pick, or pass the privilege on to the next player. This makes me want to go through all of my old photos, though, and be ready to play along!

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't mess with someone on their adopted "home" station :giggle: (I've taken a picture and a video standing a little more toward Chicago on that platform before ^_^ )

Is it:

Normal, IL

Adopted home station? You hang out up here some times?

peter

Last edited by a moderator:
It is. ^_^

And yeah... There's an arcade that I like near that stop, and so far it's the farthest I've been along that line.

I'll pass the posting a new one on to whoever has one. I'm much better at guessing then finding new station to guess.

peter

I have my ways... I actually considered telling them at the beginning of the thread...

AMTK90230-8X6.JPG

peter
Day late and a dollar short! Hard to miss C.S. Mott Children's Hospital in the background, and the Broadway Street bridge.

Sure wish Amtrak was in the old original Michigan Central Depot.........

Gandy-Dancer.jpg

Gandy_Dancer.jpg

Mr. Gingrich, er, Gov Perry, er, Texas Sunset. Might I add a request that "guessers" use their gray matter, and not (as I think Peter alluded to) "inspect" the photos origin, url, or compare to other photos posted online?

It's just a suggestion, and obviously on the honor system...........

Mr. Gingrich, er, Gov Perry, er, Texas Sunset. Might I add a request that "guessers" use their gray matter, and not (as I think Peter alluded to) "inspect" the photos origin, url, or compare to other photos posted online? It's just a suggestion, and obviously on the honor system.
Sounds good to me!

Let's all agree to avoid online analysis tools including matching systems and other database queries.

What do y'all think of limiting correct identifications to once per week per person?

In other words, if you correctly identify a station on Friday you don't make additional guesses until the following Friday?

Awww but guessing is what I'm good at...

I know what the current station we're guessing on, but will let someone else read the sign.

peter

Ann Arbor was my home station for years. :wub: I miss the free long-term parking.

Back