Name That Station!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How bout this one, basically a random selection from the SubwayNut's Amtrak station list:

guessmay-8.jpg

Gee........Did I scare folks away from this thread? I'm sorry if I did.

As it's been more than 40 hours now, I'll go ahead and say that I believe this station to be Mt. Vernon, WA and it's a pretty attractive station at that.

It's Mount Vernon, Washington that I made a whirlwind 5 minute photo run stop, I was planning to spend an hour there but a previous bus was late, on a direct transfer from the bus from Stanwood to the bus to Bellingham, yes I have taken city buses all the way from Seattle to Bellingham (and you could make its as far south as Olympia/Lacey).

I'll post this picture of an active Amtrak Station since it has been two days since the post was correctly guessed:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for jumpstarting the game Shanghai.

This has got to be somewhere south. It looks reasonably warm here even during the winter (note no leaves on the tree.) It also looks ridiculously flat here.

Given the 'south' part..... as well as the classic small town station design, I'm eliminating Illinois. I'm thinking Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas, or Texas for this station.

Let me spend a little time with Google Earth and I might have a guess a little later this evening.

I have my Google Earth set up to show me the location of train stations. I look for towns along the route of the train I think this station may be on and then I zoom in to look for things like is the roof the same color (in this case check), is the building roughly the same same size (again, check), and other various clues. In this case it was that cement walkway with the handrails from the parking lot to the platform about 20 feet from the building itself.

For the record, I looked at every station on the Crescent route from Tuscaloosa south and every station on the City of New Orleans route south of Memphis before I started working my way south from St. Louis on the Texas Eagle.

I should have just started with the Texas Eagle as this station looked similar to pictures that I've seen of the renovated Hope, AR station!

Here's the next entry -

This building was once an Amtrak station. The building still stands, the trains still stop here, and Amtrak has moved next door into the old REA Building which is out of sight to the right of this image.

Can anyone name the station?

Bonus points for naming the establishment which currently occupies this building!!!!!

0025-M.jpg

Here's the next entry -
This building was once an Amtrak station. The building still stands, the trains still stop here, and Amtrak has moved next door into the old REA Building which is out of sight to the right of this image.

Can anyone name the station?

Bonus points for naming the establishment which currently occupies this building!!!!!

0025-M.jpg
If it's Charlottesville it used to be a Wing Joint like Wing Stop but Local IIRC???

Zephyr17 is first to break the tape - Charlottesville, VA.

Your turn to post sir.

Half Credit to Jim Hudson. This building now houses a restaurant called 'Wild Wing Cafe'....... it's a regional chain as I've seen a number of their places in the Carolinas and Virginia...... not sure where else.

Back