Name That Station!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YES!! You are correct and fast, but what would expect from someone from New Jersey!!
I have gotten a few of these based on the signs in the pictures. I knew the civic center is next to the Amtrak station and even with my eyes, I could read the "Civic Center" at the bottom of the banner. The "K" at the top was also pretty clear.

I will post something shortly.

Lets try this active Amtrak station.

2569f6d5910aafde51586c4aacaeba94.jpg

Based on the palm trees and the welcome banner, it looks to be Kissimmee, FL.
YES!! You are correct and fast, but what would expect from someone from New Jersey!!
I would like to comment that the photograph looks pretty good considering it was taken by a very poor photographer with her iPod. :giggle:

Based on the palm trees and the welcome banner, it looks to be Kissimmee, FL.
I would like to comment that the photograph looks pretty good considering it was taken by a very poor photographer with her iPod. :giggle:
I must confess that the outstanding photograph of the Kissimmee, FL Amtrak Station was taken by our own Penny!! I was anxious to

correctly identify a photo so I could post Penny's picture. Do you agree that Penny took an outstanding photo??

It is not Martinsburg or Anniston. If I had backed up when taking the picture, the area to the left of the photo is pretty distinctive, and probably would give it away.

Kingstree, SC
Sorry Shanghai, it's not Kingstree either.

I will follow Aaron's lead and give a hint after an incorrect guess.

It is not in South Carolina, West Virginia or Alabama.

The only state I have never visited is Arkansas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not Jessup and not Hope.

More hints.

I took the picture about a month ago.
At this time of the year, the scheduled arrivals/departures are all in daylight hours.

Petersburg, Va.
No it's not Petersburg.

It is not in South Carolina, West Virginia or Alabama.

The only state I have never visited is Arkansas.

I took the picture about a month ago.

At this time of the year, the scheduled arrivals/departures are all in daylight hours.

The sign in the picture is real, but it is meant to confuse you!

edit - fixed typo

Ohhh...... ooohhhhhh - I think I've got it -
White River Junction, VT?
Yes it is White River Junction.

No baggage at this station. I was hoping the baggage sign would misdirect some people.

Just to the left of the station, is the restored Boston & Maine #494, a 4-4-0 steam engine built in the 1890s. There is also an old B&M red wooden caboose.

Here is another photo of the station with the distinctive cupola on top.

53bd02a5b4e0370fab17dfc3cb52bc0e.jpg

OK - let's try this one..... actually a picture of a train at a station platform.

The station is active..... the SDP40F and smattering of Heritage Fleet varnish are not.

Without any further clues (for the moment), can anyone name the station.

0067-M.jpg

No Shanghai - not Rochester but that's not a bad guess.

The station who's platform appears in my photo is an Amtrak era station which opened in the 1970's. Like most stations which opened around that time, this one is on the outskirts several miles from downtown and replaced a grander downtown station.

Back