My first time using Amtrak, and now my bag is missing

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never been comfortable using the luggage racks. I store my luggage in my sleeper or on the overhead rack above me. To each his own.

I do leave my luggage in the racks downstairs. I have only clothes in my bag; anything else such as electronics, toiletries, and medicines I keep with me. If someone stole or accidentally took my bag, I'd be more upset about losing the bag than losing the clothes in it.

I'm more comfortable leaving my bag in the coach overhead rack (unlocked) rather than in the downstairs bag area or the baggage car. I don't see he people around me as a threat, but rather as helpful neighbors. After the first half hour, they know me and I know who they are. If someone came in and looked thru my luggage when I was away they would say something or at least be suspicious. I'm not carrying the crown jewels, after all. Its only a $100 carry-on with some clothes and toiletries inside. Even in the worst-case scenario, its all replaceable and not worth loosing any sleep over. I'd rather relax and enjoy my trip than worry about theft.

Back