More good thoughts needed

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ryan, Sorry I'm late to this post, been a bit preoccupied. Praise God your Dad did so well. I will continue to pray for a full recovery, and for comfort for your family.

Thanks for asking, he's doing pretty well. Went home from the hospital a day earlier than planned on Thursday. Went up to visit yesterday, and he's still in some pain and started to get bored of sitting around the house, but no major issues!

So how's this for irony.

Sunday night my Grandfather (who just lives a few miles from my Dad) wakes up in the middle of the night with chest pain.

He ends up at the same hospital my dad was at (York, PA), same test, same result, same doctors, same nurses. His surgery is most likely going to be tomorrow.

The nurse that was taking care of my Grandfather last night remembered my Dad and was happy to see him doing well. Hopefully my grandfather's recovery goes as smoothly.

Since you guys did such a great job with my Dad, the same thoughts, prayers and good vibes are welcome. Like I told my dad on the phone this afternoon when he called to break the news, "We've been there! Done this! We know how it goes!".

I'm sorry to hear that, but I'm glad they caught it. I'll keep your grandfather in my thoughts.

Considering both your father and your grandfather (I'm assuming paternal grandfather) had the same issue, is there any way the doctors can monitor your heart for the same thing even though you aren't close to their age yet?

Well I for one is GLAD that it happened....

That he had the test, and that they FOUND it B4 he died while driving, or walking, or anything.

Ryan, I think (hope) you know what I mean.

I'm not much on praying, (shocker) but I will throw one out for your dad tonite.

Never know who's listening....

.ummm, have you thought of taking this SAME test?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ryan, the best, always. This goes for the rest of the AU family, as well. I've quickly learned to appreciate this group and wish everyone the very best in all you do.

Ryan, My father-in-law had major bypass surgery back in the early '90s. He recovered, and then some, living a full and more active life for over another 20 years. I hope your Dad Grandfather does even better. My prayers and thoughts are with you, your Dad Grandfather and your family at this difficult time.
Yes, its recycled, but that's because it obviously worked last time! TDC

Back