More good thoughts needed

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan

Court Jester
Dad went in for a cardiac stress test today. Docs didn't like the outcome at all, so they threw him in an ambulance over to a bigger hospital. Did a catheterization in there that found 5 blocked arteries. They're keeping him over the weekend until they can get him in for bypass surgery on Monday.

I know that this is a pretty routine procedure for docs these days, but its still a big surprise (and its never "routine" when it's _your_ Dad under the knife).

Good vibes, prayers, greatly accepted...

Ryan, your family will be in my thoughts this weekend. I wish you all the best. I am very sorry and I hope your father pulls through.

Like you said, it is routine unless it is you or a loved one. Then, it is anything but routine. Thankfully, the testing found the issues, and they can be corrected. It was not that many years ago that this condition went undetected and led to a very sudden and bad outcome. Testing and treatment has come a long way.

Best wishes and prayers for your dad and your family

Bill

Ryan, my thoughts are with you and your family.

Ryan, My father-in-law had major bypass surgery back in the early '90s. He recovered, and then some, living a full and more active life for over another 20 years. I hope your Dad does even better. My prayers and thoughts are with you, your Dad and your family at this difficult time.

Thanks again, everyone. Surgery was a success and I was even able to get back and see Dad for a few minutes last night before I left the hospital. Even though he was obviously in a lot of pain and not completely with it because of the anesthesia and pain meds, he was still cracking jokes with the nurse (they actually have a one one one nurse that stays with him in the room in the cardiac ICU). The surgeon said that his heart looked great and he expected a swift and full recovery.

Thanks again for the outpouring of support - it really means a lot to me to know that people across the country are pulling for him.

Back