Lunch on the Texas Eagle

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

saturn04

Train Attendant
I am looking at taking the TE from CHI to LAX, and I was wondering with a 1:45 pm departure is there lunch in the dinning car after departure?

I am looking at taking the TE from CHI to LAX, and I was wondering with a 1:45 pm departure is there lunch in the dinning car after departure?
No. The first meal they serve is dinner. I recommend eating at the station. I really like Metro Deli (near the Great Hall).

No. The first meal they serve is dinner. I recommend eating at the station. I really like Metro Deli (near the Great Hall).
Yes, in the station, Metro Deli is the most pleasant and has a bar. If you did McDonalds, the station one is crowded but very efficient, with nice train photos on the walls. There is a Pot Belly two blocks awa.

I also enjoy the ribs from the food court, don't remember the name of the location, but they have great ribs, they are just to the right of the up esculator near the Burrito place. Sorry, I really should learn names.

I also enjoy the ribs from the food court, don't remember the name of the location, but they have great ribs, they are just to the right of the up esculator near the Burrito place. Sorry, I really should learn names.
Is it Robinson's Ribs? They're next to Burrito Beach.

Is it Robinson's Ribs? They're next to Burrito Beach.
Yes, thank you. I have a disability that makes it hard to remember things, but I usually remember restaurant names. Not sure why these two are not in my long turn memory bank. I try and visit both while in Chicago, usually Robinson's for the current meal and Burrito Beach for a future meal on the train, unless of course I am heading home on the LSL, which does not work for carrying meals unless they don't need to be refrigerated or heated.

Forget the Metro Deli, what's the name of the awesome Chinese place we kept in business during the Gathering?

Forget the Metro Deli, what's the name of the awesome Chinese place we kept in business during the Gathering?
The CUS website says it's changed to Kelly's Cajun Grill. :unsure:

Haha I am at the Metro Deli now!! Billy Goat Tavern is not too bad or that far away either. Good hamburgers!

Yeah, they have a couple Cajun dishes, and then it's mostly Chinese.

That lemon chicken. OMG. *love*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back