LSL sleeper BOS-CHI question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BOS-T-Time

Train Attendant
Hello,

I have an odd question on an upcoming trip in 2 weeks on the LSL from BOS-CHI in an odd numbered roomette (first time on the LSL). I noticed most Viewliner cars on the east coast long distance trains run with the bedrooms towards the front and the roomettes towards that back. Yet with the LSL, it seems the BOS car generally runs opposite with the bedrooms towards the rear. I know this is an odd question but why is this?

ps... I like being in the odd number rooms on the Viewliners because I can face forward and not have to sit with with toilet next to me, yet on the LSL (BOS-CHI car) it looks like the car is faced in the opposite direction.

I am so excited about my circuit trip!!! BOS-CHI (LSL) -WAS (Capitol Limited) BOS (NE Regional).

thanks,

BOS-T-Time

The last couple times I remember being on the Boston sleeper, the bedrooms were toward the front.

As attendant that works that train for while it was like that due a issue with sleeper problem in Boston so they would just bring the sleeper from NYC . It now back normal with Boston slee

As attendant that works that train for while it was like that due a issue with sleeper problem in Boston so they would just bring the sleeper from NYC . It now back normal with Boston slee
Being normal again, does that mean that an odd-numbered roomette CHI-BOS has the best Erie Canal views? (It better)

The Boston sleeper (the "20" car) will usually run vestibule-forward. However, it runs with the vestibule towards the rear more frequently than do sleepers on the other Eastern trains. Don't count on being on a particular side.

FWIW, I'm on 449 right now (sitting at SPG), and the bedrooms are toward the rear of the sleeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back