LSL Business Class

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have booked Business Class on the LSL for mid November. Does any one know what the layout and type of car they are using?

Have booked Business Class on the LSL for mid November. Does any one know what the layout and type of car they are using?
It is a split club car. The table area is the lounge while the seating area looks like this:

2376.bizclass_5F00_wolverine_5F00_jan2012.jpg

Are the Boston section sleepers back?

If (as rumored) they aren't coming back, then BC on that section makes sense.
I thought a recent video showed that it was, though it may be an older video that just got uploaded.

Ryan, we're you in 4820 Wed nite? Bunch of us decamped to the adjacent bc/cafe to try to get witeless for the game. Great party.

I wish, I was just in town for work and happened to be wrapping up right around train time.

The previous day I saw 448/449 within about 10 min of each other just as we were wrapping up for the day. Our view from the meeting room at the top of the Crown:

ImageUploadedByAmtrak Forum1478509788.227513.jpg

ImageUploadedByAmtrak Forum1478509821.814478.jpg

Just to clarify, does the LSL west of Albany now have two cafe-type cars: one with a manned snack bar, BC on one end, and tables on the other; and one with an un-manned snack bar and tables on both ends (serving as a lounge).

Just to clarify, does the LSL west of Albany now have two cafe-type cars: one with a manned snack bar, BC on one end, and tables on the other; and one with an un-manned snack bar and tables on both ends (serving as a lounge).
Both are manned. The full Amfleet II Dinette (NYP - CHI) is used as the Dining Car. The Amfleet I Cafe-BC (BOS - CHI) is used as the lounge and business class.

In recent past the LSL (dinner equipped) during winter had a second lounge car that was not manned. This of course was due to the swap of trainsets with a southern destination train. "To warm up the equipment." This was due to the desire not to switch out equipment. (lounge car) which require turning off the hotel power in winter. However with equipment shortages (no dining car) the LSL is currently equipped as "jis" noted above.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back