Live Chat every Sunday, 7PM Eastern

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You mean we have to chat - IN PERSON
ohmy.gif
- on Thursday?
huh.gif
HORRORS!
ohmy.gif
IIIIIIIIN PPPPPPPPPERSON :eek: :eek: :eek: does not compute. :giggle:

My goodness. "You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone." :giggle:

I just forgot to turn the chat back on a few days ago. It's all taken care of now.

Tried getting to the room early tonight, and I'm getting "Connection failed (Could not connect)" in mibbit and mirc

I am not able to log in. It appears like

the same situation we encountered two weeks ago.

Please post here if the site is fixed.

Thanks.

Last night it was a huge gang.

I wonder if anyone besides me is interested in chatting sometimes other than on Sunday nights? I think the server is up and working all the time. I am going to try logging in tonight (Monday) and see if anyone shows up.

I think having specific dates and times for folks to meet up still makes sense for a forum of this size. Maybe adding a mid-week option to the schedule would be a good idea. Something like Wednesday evening?

Sounds like a fine idea.

Maybe at 9 or 10 eastern to give the west coast folks a shot.

Just saw Maine Rider pop in and out, but he left beforeI could say hi.

It's possible to use a standard IRC client to connect, if that's your kind of thing.

What is the difference between this 'live chat', and posting replys on a thread?

Why not have live chat always available, or else a thread that is dedicated to 'live' conversations at all times?

This might solve the problem of various threads going off on all sorts of rambling tangents that have little or nothing to do with the original subject...

Last edited by a moderator:
The live chat is always available, but is mostly quiet except Sunday nights. But lastly there is some activity at other random times...

What is the difference between this 'live chat', and posting replys on a thread?
The live chat isn't archived on the web like these posts are - if you're not there, you miss the conversation.

Why not have live chat always available
As Maine Rider mentioned, it is. Just point your web browser (or IRC client!) to irc.amtraktrains.com and join in.

This might solve the problem of various threads going off on all sorts of rambling tangents that have little or nothing to do with the original subject...
I see that as a feature, not a bug.

If AU ever starts our own business, we should call it the Rambling Tangent Central Railway. :)

Does anyoneknow which irc server #amtrak is on? I have an irc app for my Android tablet and cannot seem to find the channel on any of the xervers it lists...

The server is irc.amtraktrains.com, it most likely will not be listed and you'll have to type that in by hand.

You need to set the port to 6668, I think that 6667 works too.

And the channel is #amtrak

Last edited by a moderator:
Back