Lincoln Service consists

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric S

Engineer
The last couple times I've ridden Lincoln Service trains (early April and mid May), many of the Lincoln Service trains I saw and rode were longer than what I seem to recall in prior years. In the past, I thought most LS trains were usually 4-5 cars (3-4 coaches, 1 business class/cafe). Recently, though, I saw trains that were all 5-9 cars (4-8 coaches, 1 business class/cafe).

Anyone know what the "normal" consists are? Just curious, as I was quite pleased to see longer corridor trains in the Midwest.

I ride the Lincoln Service 1-2 times a month and have never seen the train have 9 cars before... WOW. Not saying it never has, but that must be for a special group or occasion or something.

Normal consist is 1 engine, 1 business/cafe car, and usually 3-4 Horizon coaches.

I usually go to Lincoln on 321 and back up on 304.

I ride the Lincoln Service 1-2 times a month and have never seen the train have 9 cars before... WOW. Not saying it never has, but that must be for a special group or occasion or something.
Normal consist is 1 engine, 1 business/cafe car, and usually 3-4 Horizon coaches.

I usually go to Lincoln on 321 and back up on 304.

OK, that's pretty much my experience as well, at least prior to my last 2 Lincoln Service trips. Perhaps there was a large/special group. The time I traveled on the 8 or 9 car train, I traveled in Business class and was very tired and slept a good portion of the time and never walked through the coaches. I don't recall a particularly large group boarding in CHI, but there certainly could have been a large group boarding at an intermediate stop (when I was asleep). Anyway, though, I also saw a number of other Lincoln Service trains with 5-6 coaches. (Now, of course, I'm wishing I had written down which trains they were.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back