just got off the phone..

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

icbrkr

Train Attendant
The SWC tomorrow #4 (6/26), if you are connecting to Galesburg, is canceled. They told me to rebook some other day and they would n't bus anyone. Seriously? Currently I'm hosed - I have no way to get to Galesburg.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where are you traveling from?

From Chicago there are four trains a day to Galesburg, so I am assuming that you are surely coming from somewhere else? Also, are you trying to arrive in Galesburg tomorrow, or are you departing from wherever you are coming from tomorrow?

Last edited by a moderator:
Could you take the Southwest Chief (I'm assuming its being re-routed) into Chicago and double-back on the Illinois Zephyr (it's an evening departure)?

I was leaving from Kansas City to Galesburg to catch the California Zephyr - really no other way of catching it unless I left today to take the Missouri Runner to Saint Louis, and then STL to CHI the next day. Unfortunately for me, I live 3 hours from KCY so that's not really an option either.

I'm driving up to Kansas City, then renting a car to Galesburg, dropping it off there, catching the Zephyr, and then taking the SWC back to KCY on my return trip. This should be fun :)

I see. The problem is that SWC is running very late and is expected to be more than 4 hours behind schedule into Galesburg tomorrow.

Just curious.... wouldn't Omaha be closer than Galesburg from Kansas City to catch the Zephyr? Or does it have to be Galesburg because of the way you have your ticket set up?

I see. The problem is that SWC is running very late and is expected to be more than 4 hours behind schedule into Galesburg tomorrow.

Just curious.... wouldn't Omaha be closer than Galesburg from Kansas City to catch the Zephyr? Or does it have to be Galesburg because of the way you have your ticket set up?
It probably is, and honestly, I wasn't thinking straight at that point. Plus, if it's Galesburg, I'm on the train longer ;)

I was curious and checked bus options:

Jefferson Lines goes Kansas City to Omaha with an overnight 1:35am to 5:30am trip and an afternoon 12:35pm to 3:50pm. There is also a 7:45pm to 1:20am trip via Des Moines. Not great although I guess an evening in Omaha wouldn't be all that bad. I wonder if you could get Amtrak to cover your bus ($45) fare if the Southwest Chief was running so late. I also checked Osceola and the times are terrible for connecting with the Zephyr (1:30am to 3:55am and 8:00am to 10:40am).

#4 is over 10 Hours Late in Kansas and now #21 is in a Service Disruption and # 1 left San Antonio over 5 Hours Late!

Looks like Amtrak is running a New Timetable for the Western LD Trains based on the Hi-Line Model for the Empire Builder!

*** is going on??

TO reported that #4(24) had a bad-ordered Dining Car and possible something wrong with the baggage car. It departed late from LAX almost 3 hours late and as we know, late trains get later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back