I'm finally takin the limited

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amtrak Kid

Service Attendant
:D :D :D I can't wait to finally take the lakeshore limited to chicago!!!!!

But, it's too bad i leave at 10:45 pm(probobly later and arrive around 9:00am) coach all the waY. i won't get to see to much scenery and enjoy the diner but we'll probobly be late. so can someone tell me the usual diner car hoursfor the limited.

If you board at 10:45 pm, it will be closed for dinner. The diner generally opens at 6 or 6:30 am. It closes somewhere in Indiana (usually based on how far the train is from Chicago than any given time for closing).

If you're going the other way, from Chicago, the diner opens some time after departure (maybe around Hammond-Whiting or so...but come to think of it, I don't know if the train even stops there anymore, and I'm too lazy to look it up right now).

you taking the lakshore at 1045 pm ? You must getting on down line. The diner usually makes it last call at 9 and closes at 930pm ET. Now mind you the lakeshore limited has limited breakfast period if on time but closes at south bend ( I am 90% sure of it but you can ask the LSA in the diner) so they can prepare for their arrival in chicago (if they are on time)

Back