I'm Booked For My First Sleeper Car Trip, Now What?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recommend the diner. The interaction with other travelers is part of what makes train travel special.

I think you will enjoy the boarding process.

Have a great trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum

I completely agree about the diner, but the o-p mentioned physical limitations that may influence their decision......I just brought it up so they were aware they have an option available as opposed to skipping the meal.....

Tomorrow is the big day! I’m going to take Lyft from my hotel to the Kissimmee station. Is there anything else I need to know?

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum
I will listen for your train when you pass through Orlando and I will wave. Enjoy your trip!

I completely agree about the diner, but the o-p mentioned physical limitations that may influence their decision......I just brought it up so they were aware they have an option available as opposed to skipping the meal.....
Good point. With unmovable "one size fits some" booths Amtrak dining can be an uncomfortable fit for some passengers. If sitting in the diner requires an extended period of physical discomfort then it might be best to enjoy a meal in the room instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will say that though the roomette seems small in pictures and when checking the dimensions, it feels much bigger when you're inside. So I wouldn't worry about feeling cramped or claustrophobic. I really don't think that you'll be smushed in the diner – and it will be a Viewliner II so it's airy and spacious. I would recommend you stick with the roomette, and try to eat in the diner. If it really is uncomfortable, eat in your room. And if when you're on board, the roomette just isn't gonna work, you can see if the H room is available. If so, find out what it would cost, and if the attendant or conductor is REALLY nice, they just might let you stay in there for free. Or maybe they'll let you sit in it during the day. Not likely, but theoretically possible. Just remember to tip well!

Back