I have a question.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kyle

I'm commuting from Irvine, CA (IRV) to Solana Beach, CA (SOL) Round trip.

Every Monday through Friday 5 days a week. 20 days in a month.

And wanted to know which is the cheapest way get around.

Spends 450~500 dollars a month just for gas.

I found out there is a california pass available but as far as I can work out, I'm not really qulified for this deal?

Has anybody have better idea to save money on my commutes?

Thank you so much!

Because you can't use it for more than four of the same one-way leg.

A monthly pass is available between those two stations for $342, though. Ten rides are $114. (Note that those are one-way rides, so they'd last a week of commuting.)

http://tickets.amtra...mtrak/multiride

Last edited by a moderator:
Because you can't use it for more than four of the same one-way leg.

A monthly pass is available between those two stations for $342, though. Ten rides are $114. (Note that those are one-way rides, so they'd last a week of commuting.)

http://tickets.amtra...mtrak/multiride
Thank you!

It says;

Irvine, CA (IRV) / Solana Beach, CA (SOL) Unlimited.

If I purchase this, I can commute both ways?

Or do I need to buy the returning ways so total 342+342 = 684?

Bit confused.

And just to clarify, since it actually says Irvine, CA (IRV) / Solana Beach, CA (SOL) Unlimited.

I can only use it for Irvine to Solana Beach correct?

I would assume it is good for 2-way travel, but I would call and verify first. It also looks like the monthly pass is only valid until the end of the month it is purchsed, so if you spent the $342. for a monthly pass today 02/20/12 it would still expire 02/29/12 at the end of the month. As I said, I am assuming this(and you know how that ends :lol: ) a call to the number in the link might answer your questions. good luck P>S> where is Johnny when you need him :)

Pass is good for the month purchased (monthly pass) or for a 45 day validity period(10 ride). Can be used in anydirection between the points(stations) listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back