How do I

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On June 1, I'm leaving on a cruise that includes Amtrak travel from Seattle to Martinez. Anyone know how I can get my AGR points for this trip?
It depends on how your train trip was booked. If you booked it yourself with Amtrak, either on-line or by phone, call Amtrak at 1-800-USA-RAIL and have an agent add your AGR number to the reservation. If the train trip was booked by a travel agent, then you can call the agent and have them add your number. If the train ride was part of your cruise purchase (I'm not sure if any cruise lines have a rail option), then the best bet might be to wait until you get your Amtrak ticket. The ticket will have a reservation (PNR) number on it. You can then call Amtrak, provide the agent your PNR, and have your AGR number added to your record.

Thanks! I am an AGR member trying to accumulate enough points for a big trip in the Fall. The Amtrak travel is part of an Inside Passage Alaska cruise package. I do not yet have my Amtrak tickets so I will wait until I get them and proceed. Thanks for the suggestions.

Bill, there are many cruise companies that have a rail option, some even provide Amtrak discounts to use rail!

supergrandmother, just call up Amtrak at 1-800-USA-RAIL and have the agent add your AGR number to your reservation!

I've also been able to add my acc't to my tickets en-route. If you have a refueling stop during your trip or a switching stop (like Albany & Spokane) you can pop into the station with your ticket & AGR card and have a Agent do it there.

peter

Last edited by a moderator:
Bill, there are many cruise companies that have a rail option, some even provide Amtrak discounts to use rail!

supergrandmother, just call up Amtrak at 1-800-USA-RAIL and have the agent add your AGR number to your reservation!
If the rail reservation is part of a package with the cruise line or through an agency, right now Amtrak may only have a block booking for the package. They may not have individual names yet and, if that is the case, a call to Amtrak now will not work. Thus, my suggestion to wait until tickets are received. Then, Amtrak has a name and an assigned PNR, and an AGR number can be added.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back